PDA

View Full Version : Avent Isis from ebay??

calebsmama03
10-14-2003, 09:47 AM
I'm looking to get an Isis pump and am wondering about sterilization issues. Just wanting for occasional use at home (have a PIS for work) and would like to avoid the $40 retail price IF it is safe to do so. I don't know anyone with one that I can test out, so I don't know if I'll like it and havne't actually seen the pump IRL to know how it comes apart, etc (for cleaning and sterilization) Can the whole thing be sterilized? Is it safe to buy one from a stranger? Do these last long enough that it's worth it to go the ebay route, or will it likely just fall apart after a month? Opinions, please!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

lizajane
10-14-2003, 11:12 AM
i just told a friend that she could try mine out before buying one. i feel very confident in the boiling process. the parts do come apart. and the one large piece that doesn't come apart has plenty of space for boiling water to run through.

i think it is safe. and i really like my isis. it has been doing something weird lately, though... but still works great.

if you get one used and need new parts, avent has EXCELLENT customer service. they will get the new parts to you right away for no or minimal charge.

bluej
10-14-2003, 02:23 PM
I haven't had any quality problems w/ mine. It's been through me w/ Caden, my sister w/ her youngest and now me again w/ Ryden. We are still using all of the original parts. It's easy to take apart, sterilize and reassemble. If it's something you are just going to occassionally use I would definitely go the ebay route.

hellokitty1
10-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Lynne-

I just bought an ISIS from e-bay for about $20 and the main thing I've learned is to make sure the pump is from a smoke-free home (assuming it matters to you). I did not ask and the seller did not state it and when I got the stuff, everything reaked of smoke. Now I realize when the seller said that BFing just didn't work for her, I think it's because she smoked. I've boiled, soaked in vinegar, etc. and the "soft" parts still have the scent of smoke. It peeves me but it's okay ad I've used the pump.

Oh and just make sure that you are getting the pump for the reusable bottles and not the disposable bottles.

HTH