PDA

View Full Version : Gap Maternity gripe

jojo2324
10-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Check out this sweater:

http://www.gap.com/assets/product/main/gap/ga205293-00p1.jpg

It's a maternity sweater, priced at $68. It hasn't been marked down yet, and it's from their first fall collection.

Today I wandered into Gap while shopping with some friends and guess what I happened upon? The same exact sweater, sans pregnant pooch space. And guess how much it was? $48, marked down to $24.99!!!!

I am so annoyed by this. It is the EXACT same sweater. I highly doubt that there is so much extra material or labor put into it to justify the $20 difference. AND it's not on sale! I just think it's really sleazy.

x(

calebsmama03
10-17-2003, 10:29 PM
I was always pretty disappointed with Gap Maternity pricing and never ended up ordering from there. It always seemed they didn't put anything on sale until they had only a few sizes left, then it doesn't TELL you what sizes are left until you try to add it to your basket and it comes up unavailable. I found it annoying. Now I'll be less likely to buy there whenever we try for #2 - how sleazy to charge more for Maternity just because it's such a "captive audience" so to speak!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

divabell
10-18-2003, 08:00 AM
That is really annoying about that sweater. They shouldn't take advantage of moms-to-be like that!! But they do have a few cute sweaters that *are* on sale right now...

FYI, I was just shopping there and it seems that when you choose the color it only gives you the sizes that are available. I think they've made that improvement recently.

deborah_r
10-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Yes, that really burns me up too - I mean, they kknow you can't wear it that long and they jack up the price. How irritating. This is why most of my maternity clothes were not-so-good ones from Sears - I just couldn't spend all that money!!

heidi_timms
10-18-2003, 12:49 PM
I agree, what a scam! $68 is a lot to pay for a maternity sweater!

Try ebay! I bought a bunch of new Gap Maternity stuff there and they sell alot at the Gap outlet if you have one of those nearby.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03