PDA

View Full Version : Fenugreek (sp?) Tea

Jen841
10-20-2003, 08:46 AM
I bought some Fenugreek tea (Whole Foods) after 2 bad days of pumping. How often should I drink it? I debated b/n the Fenugreek Tea and the Mother's Milk Tea. Any experience with either would be appreciated.

peanut4us
10-20-2003, 08:57 AM
I don't have experience with the teas. But I've taken the Fenugreek capsules and those worked wonderfully. The dosage on that is 2 pills three times a day. If the tea doesn't work, you could give the capsules a shot.

Edited to say: After reading everyone else's posts, I should have qualified that the dosage I gave was to get my milk supply up at the beginning because DD was in the hospital with jaundice and my milk got screwed up when it came in. Now when I am noticing the supply going down. I drink more water and take 1 capsule at night and in the morning for about 3 days. That is MORE than enough.

Lil_busta
10-20-2003, 11:32 AM
I use the tea, because i have a hard time swallowing pills, but i also do have the capulets, i'm trying the tea first, so far i've been using it 3 times a day remember to let the teabag steep for at least 15 mins, ive noticed some progress but not a lot, the tea is weaker than the pills...what i'm doing is using it for a week if i dont see an improvement by then i'm going to take the powder out of the capsules and use it that way.. Good luck!
Gina

spencersmommy
10-20-2003, 07:52 PM
I also don't have any experience with the tea,but the capsules worked great! Within a week I felt like my milk supply was coming back (I had noticed it diminishing over 2 days). I only took 2 a day, too. I bought them at Whole Foods. I think you might like it better than the tea...just swallow after you eat and you're done! You'll notice you will smell like syrup. Good luck!
Amy
Mommy to Spencer 6-4-03

C99
10-20-2003, 09:49 PM
I also recommend the capsules rather than than the tea. Since it's an infusion and mixed w/ other things, the tea is likely to be weaker and therefore less effective. Also try eating oatmeal in the mornings!

spu
10-21-2003, 09:22 AM
I just started taking the capsules too. They are 500mg and La Leche League recommends taking 6 grams (12 capsules) per day to increase supply. I found that to be more than what I needed, so I take 1 capsule in the am and 1 in the pm. It seems to help the afternoons and early evenings when supply is sometimes normally a little lower.

From what I've heard, you need to drink so much tea to be effective. I have heard oatmeal to help, but not sure how it works.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte + else

http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/bash/nonflash/year.html