PDA

View Full Version : how much cereal in a day?

peanut4us
10-22-2003, 11:05 AM
OK, Sara went from being an anti-solid-ite to yum, more please ;). So DH read the package and it said to mix 1/4 cup (4 TBSP) for a serving. Is it just me or does that sound like a lot? Especially if she eats solids 2xs a day. I'm thinking 2 or 3 tablespoons and then maybe some veggies or fruits.

Does anyone know the recommended servings? BTW this is for Barley or Oatmeal

nitaghei
10-22-2003, 11:32 AM
We started with 1 teaspoon, and gradually moved up to 2-3 tablespoons, twice a day. Now that DS is 9 months, he has about 3 tablespoons of cereal in his yogurt/fruit in the morning, and about 2 tablespoons with veggies/fruit in the evening. His afternoon meal is 2-3 oz of veggies. I've never done 4 tablespoons of cereal at a meal.

Start with about 1 tablespoon cereal with some fruit or veggies, and see how much she eats. If she finishes it all consistently (3 meals in a row), increase the quantity gradually.

HTH

Nita

egoldber
10-22-2003, 12:33 PM
Sarah easily ate 1/4 cup cereal + veggies or fruit starting at around 7-8 months. The difference between 3 T and 4T is not that much.

Of course now she still loves her cereal, and east about 1/2 cup per serving. :)

HTH,