PDA

View Full Version : Medela PIS vs. PIS Traveler?

dotgirl
10-22-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm wondering if the Medela PIS Traveler is vastly more convienent than the regular PIS? I know that with the Traveler you can remove the motor unit, but how often does that come in handy?

I've been gifted a PIS, but had been intending to buy the Traveler, and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get the Traveler now. I can't return the PIS, but I could sell it on eBay - it's new in the box. I'm just not sure that the Traveler is that much more convienent.

Any thoughts?

kaismom
10-22-2003, 02:28 PM
I have had both - the Medela PIS for babies 1 & 2, and the PIS Traveler for #3. The PIS kind of died after baby #2, so this time I decided to get the Traveler, because I travel a lot for my job. I love it, when I get to my destination I take the motor out and use it like a backback. I like it for taking back and for to work too, just feels easier to carry around on my back. Glad I got it even though we are not going to be having any more kids (my sister gets the Traveler when I'm done nursing).

Ingrid
Kai, 1/21/97
Kirsten, 12/23/98
Stefan, 12/23/02

houseof3boys
10-22-2003, 04:36 PM
I got the traveler as well and I love it. You would never know it was a breastpump in there. I have never taken the motor out, but when I have travelled it was great to have the battery unit and the plug. I just like it because it fits everything (horns, bottles, cloth in case of leaks) with room to spare and looks so tasteful!

spu
10-22-2003, 07:21 PM
I got the Traveler and I really like it too. I like that it looks like a backpack. I haven't taken out the motor, but the backpack itself holds alot of extra things. I use it mostly at home, but have used it in the car with the car adapter and with batteries, and in hotels when we travel (to relieve plugs! ugh!) I like it because it just seemed nice and compact with just the right amount of space inside to put things.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte + else

http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/bash/nonflash/year.html

heva
10-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Just want to echo what everyone else has said - I'm using a friend's traveler (bought new horns, tubing, etc.) and I love it. Shannon (sntm) has the PIS and it just seems a lot bulkier, especially if you're also carrying a laptop around. The traveler looks like a backpack purse, and you would NEVER know it's a breastpump, if that's important to you. Shannon, what do you think?

stillplayswithbarbies
10-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Skip them both and get the Ameda Purely Yours. I keep a set of horns and tubes at work, and all I have to take back and forth is the pump that weighs one pound. It slips right into my backpack with my computer, or would fit in a large purse.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Momof3Labs
10-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Just an FYI - the PIS comes with a battery pack, too. And a car adaptor is available for under $20. I think that the big differences are the bag and the removable motor (which I wish that I had!!).

mharling
10-23-2003, 01:51 PM
The PIS is a great pump. I have the traveler. It was $20 more and worth it. When I pumped in various places I frequently removed the motor. If you think that would be handy and you'd like the more inconspicuous backpack, then I would trade. Otherwise, you'll still be happy with the regular one you already have.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3524e54e42d - New 10/3