PDA

View Full Version : How much milk and water should a 14 mos old have?

Andrea S
10-26-2003, 03:25 PM
Andrew is still nursing 3 times a day and sometimes I give him some milk in a cup and 1 time a day he gets 4 oz of juice diluted with water then he usually drinks 2 cups of water. Is that enough or does he need more milk or water? How many times a day should he have milk when we are done nursing? I have given him water with his meals b/c we nurse in between, but when he is weaned (we will be going to 2 nursing soon I expect he is loosing interest in the 3rd one) when and how much milk should he get?

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

egoldber
10-26-2003, 03:45 PM
There isn't any requirement for milk. My ped says no more than 12-16 ounces a day of milk a day, no more than 8 ounces of juice a day, and as much water as they want. I don't really measure how much milk she gets, but she gets a milk sippy with meals, she usually doen't finish it, and none between meals.

On average, Sarah probably drinks around 16 ounces of milk a day. She doesn't like juice. And her water consumption varies from 16 - 32 ounces a day. In the summer, she was drinking up to 50 ounces of water a day and I could barely change her diapers fast enough!!