PDA

View Full Version : Which bottles to buy

HeatherW
10-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Hello:

I just got back from Target where I had planned on buying a few bottles-- I had registered for Dr. Brown's and learned today that Target is no longer carrying them...anyone know why? The sales lady mentioned that she thought she had heard that there was something in the plastic that was bad, haven't heard of anything in the news, has anyone else?

So...if I do not go with Dr. Brown's, what bottles do you all recommend Avent, J&J, Munchkin variable flow, playtex....?

Thanks for your advice

kaitlinsmommy
10-27-2003, 06:03 PM
I was very happy with Avent. DD didn't have gas and we hardly used bottles so I'm not an expert. But I thought they were well made and worked fine.

Momof3Labs
10-27-2003, 06:10 PM
I'd recommend whatever your baby is willing to take! And unfortunately, that varies baby to baby. We use Avent, although they are on the expensive side.

Whatever you do, save your receipt so that you can return any unopened bottles if they don't appeal to your baby!

lizajane
10-27-2003, 07:51 PM
all babies are different, but we use avent and ds has never had a problem going from breast to bottle. even if we don't give him a bottle for weeks. so we are very happy with avent, and never tried anything else. we only have 2 and the 1 disposable system that came with the pump, so cost wasn't really a concern.

jennifer13
10-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Just have to echo what others have said, buy several and save your receipts! Not all babies go for the Avent (mine and others I know). I easily spent $75 on bottles. I recommend buying individual ones rather than packs/sets also.

votre_ami03
10-28-2003, 08:45 AM
We use Avent bottles. DS is BF & didn't seem to have any confusion w/Avent (it's the only one I tried though). I haven't had any problems w/leaks as some have previously reported. I started w/the 3-pk of 4 oz bottlles & a gift pack of 4 & 9 oz w/a magic trainer. Found the latter on sale at BabyCenter.

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03

sntm
10-28-2003, 09:06 AM
I haven't heard anything about Dr. Brown's and just did a search and nothing popped up.

We LOVE our Dr. Brown's. If you still want them, they have them at drugstore.com, babycenter.com, and occasionally at overstock.com. I've seen them IRL at ToysRUs (the narrow kind) and Baby Depot (thw narrow and the wide.)

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

Jen in Chicago
10-28-2003, 09:42 AM
Have a few on hand and see what works for you. DS at first would only take the Avents, then he went on strike! A few weeks before I returned to work we started trying just about everything Walmart sold. The last one I tried is the one he likes... GERBER! Target sells them and they are the cheapest. Who would have guessed! We have never had any gas issues with him. I like the price and the fact of the one size fits all nipples. I have 3 sizes of Avent nipples packed away for #2 some day.

BonnieV
10-28-2003, 07:49 PM
We love the playtex nursers with the drop ins. The liner most simulates the breast in the way it collapses.

Good Luck!

Bonnie

stillplayswithbarbies
10-28-2003, 07:55 PM
oh I dunno, my breast doesn't quite go THAT flat! LOL

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

vikivoly
10-28-2003, 11:43 PM
I second the platex nursers with drop ins.