PDA

View Full Version : Avent Isis assembly contest...

deborah_r
10-28-2003, 12:40 PM
I hate when I am good at something that is not really a valued skill. I was thinking as I assembled my Isis today how fast I can do it, and imagining an Avent Isis assembly contest to display my talents. :) There could be one where you have to do it with your eyes closed and a "don't drop the little valve-thingy down in the garbage disposal" challenge...

Hey, if those hot-dog eaters can have a contest, why can't we?

todzwife
10-28-2003, 12:44 PM
LOL! I was proud of myself when I figured it out with out instructions! For some reason I didn't get any with mine. FWIW, I called Avent and they sent me instructions and a new bottle since one that came with my pump was cracked. It got to my house in 2 days!

etwahl
10-28-2003, 01:17 PM
that's really funny actually. for the first while, i made dh wash and put the pump together...but then i didn't know how when i needed to. so he had to give me "lessons". he got so good at putting it together, he said it was like putting a rifle together (he's military).

that little white thing has caused me some stress almost going down the disposal more than once. now i was in a bowl on the side that doesn't have the disposal. much safer for me :)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

kaismom
10-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Tee hee - I remember when I first got an Avent Isis, 4 years ago, that I would never be able to remember how to put it together. I think the newer version has fewer pieces though?

jennifer13
10-28-2003, 03:02 PM
LOL! And I say it IS a valuable skill. Washing that thing and putting it together has been the bane of my existence since DD was born. But it actually works better than the Lactina I rented. It looks like the new Isis has fewer parts, I've been considering buying it but DH would never understand. He'd be happy if I could win some prize money in an assembly contest though! :)

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

KathyO
10-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Great idea!! Reminds me of that part in the western, "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", where Clint Eastwood's gunslinger character has his revolver taken apart for cleaning, and he manages to reassemble and load the whole thing in a flash while the bad guys are coming up the stairs to get him...

Gives me images of twirling the assembled Isis on your finger before sliding it neatly into a holster on your belt... or blowing the smoke off the "horn" part... Fastest pumper in the West... tee hee!!

Cheers,

KathyO

votre_ami03
10-28-2003, 04:16 PM
Less parts?! I *think* mine is a fairly recent model & I certainly couldn't imagine any more parts! I too have dropped that little white thing down the disposal at least once.

FYI, I just bought a 2nd Isis (W/out the bag-lost the 1st one-don't ask) & it came w/1 valve & 2 extra's! Yay!

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03