PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Maternity Holiday Wear?

MegND1995
10-30-2003, 10:17 AM
I am due in late Feb and am looking for some ideas about what to wear for the upcoming holidays. I don't need anything super dressy, but am hoping to find something festive, and a little sexy. Plus, we are having our family holiday photo taken next weekend and I have no idea what to wear!

Thanks so much!

Jen in Chicago
10-30-2003, 10:22 AM
I had a great pair of draw string pants from Mimi and a sweater set that worked great for me last year.

loewymartin
10-30-2003, 12:58 PM
I found a velvet skirt at Motherhood and a red silk shirt (button down). Everyone said it looked great...and it was comfortable. I also paired the shirt with black pants and a black tank top to be a little more casual. I was pregnant in 2001/2002, so I'm not sure what is out there now, but I would make sure whatever it is you are comfortable!

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

sadie427
10-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Check the babystyle.com clearance page and see what they have. Their clothes are expensive, but there are some good deals on clearance, and they tend to be fashionable/comfortable. I got a simple black sleeveless lycra blend dress with a slip for under $20, if they have something like that it would be good for the holidays.

kaitlinsmommy
10-30-2003, 02:53 PM
It's been almost a year since dd was born so I'm out of the maternity loop but I always found great stuff at Mimi (without breaking the bank).

trumansmom
10-31-2003, 02:11 PM
Old Navy has a holiday line of maternity clothes going right now. Very affordable.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

petersmom
11-02-2003, 02:36 AM
Check out the stores for larger/Plus size women. You will be amazed how just by going up a few sizes from your pre pregnancy can look awesome. Many times they are at a more reasonable price !! Also check out Chico's store a few accessory pieces can go a long way.

Peter's Mom