PDA

View Full Version : Avent pacifiers

deborah_r
10-31-2003, 05:42 PM
Kai needs new pacifiers. I use Avent 0-3m size right now. I bought some 3-6m a while ago and he doesn't seem to like them. Is this the same concept as not buying the faster flow nipples if baby is breastfed? Should I also not upgrade the size of his pacifier?

jd11365
10-31-2003, 06:13 PM
Oooh...love the new avatar! Kayla never took a pacifier until I gave her a Pooh pacifier that was in a shower gift set. It's at Target and I think voted cutest pacifier or something in one of the baby magazines. It completely covers her mouth and is more bulb like on the paci part itself which helps her keep it in...it's the only one she likes...but these things are so personal to the babies. I find the Avent to be too flat and hard for her to hold in her mouth... JMO.

HTH!

Jamie :-)
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

lizajane
10-31-2003, 06:28 PM
jamie-

schuyler would only take "especially pooh" too!!! i tried mam and nuk over and over... but they all went pop right out of his mouth. he went crazy for especially pooh. i FINALLY found them at target after searching BRU and k-mart.

but the original question- i think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" sometimes i think schuyler would like to use a pacifier again (he sucks his thumb) but then i realize i don't want to go BACK to something that i eventually want him to give up! and what if he keeps sucking his thumb, too, and suddenly i have to make him give them BOTH up.

calebsmama03
11-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Ha! Same here. I got mine as a gift then had the darndest time finding them (our Target was being remodeled and had little baby stuff for a while there). I wonder what it is about those things? Anyway, Caleb prefers the NB to the "infant" style of the pooh ones. He's almost 8 mos and I still haven't changed. I think if it works for him, why change? He's losing interest in them anyway...
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03