PDA

View Full Version : Is oatmeal a stimulant?

vpalmer
11-03-2003, 08:44 AM
I am hoping you ladies can help me shed some light on a bizarre occurrence in my house last night. DD has slept through the night since she was about 6 weeks old. She is almost 5 months old and usually sleeps from about 9:00 pm to about 7:00 am, around 10 hours a night. Well last night she woke up twice and woke up for good at 5 am, a full two hours earlier than usual.

The reason I am posting this is becasue I am wondering if there could be any connection to her feedings yesterday. I fed her oatmeal yesterday morning for the first time. She loved it and ate it very well and had a normal day. She has been eating rice cereal for over two weeks and everything has been perfect.

When she woke up last night she did not seem like she felt bad at all. As a matter of fact, the first time she woke up, she was playing in her crib. Happy, but VERY awake at midnight. I breastfed her and she went down about an hour later. When she woke up at 2:30 am, I gave her some Tylenol because I thought she might be teething. I gave a pacifier and she went right back to sleep. When she woke up again at 5 a.m, I realized it probably wasn't her teeth since she had Tylenol in her system.

I apologize for the long post, but now I am wondering if this crazy night could be at all related to the oatmeal she ate yesterday. What do you ladies think?

Thank you!

Veronica
Mom to Eva 6-12-03