PDA

View Full Version : No poop?

todzwife
11-04-2003, 03:32 PM
DS went from pooping 5-10 times a day to nothing since Saturday night...could this be related to the growth spurt? He's got lots of smelly gas though...

Momof3Labs
11-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Normal! One month is right around when Colin switched from pooping a gazillion times a day. With a bf'd baby, there is a huge range of normal, even as rarely as once every 7-10 days. But watch out - when those happen, it is a doozy!!

todzwife
11-04-2003, 04:40 PM
LOL! I put him in a snappied prefold because we had our first blowout in a huggies last Saturday! I hope the cloth holds the poo in better, I am just waiting for an explosion!!!!

pritchettzoo
11-04-2003, 04:55 PM
You'd better stick him in a Kissaluvs then. I had DD in a prefold/prorap when she pooped after only 6 hours and I swear she lifted off the seat of her swing! It was not pretty! :P

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

MartiesMom2B
11-04-2003, 05:24 PM
Proraps work great to hold in the poo. Many an outfit has been saved by them.

Good luck when Dallin does go!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

lizajane
11-04-2003, 07:20 PM
don't worry if he waits a whole week to go! if he hasn't gone in a week, the ped will tell you to try prune juice or a suppository. but waiting 10 days is actually ok, i have heard.

schuyler is a once a week kinda guy. every weekend. he threw me off this last week by going on thursday instead of sat or sun. he has some pals that are the same way.

another thing- the poop may be the consistancy of peanut butter if he waits several days. don't be worried! and if you soak the diaper, it comes off as easily as everyday poop.

(and my proraps have only leaked poop maybe 4 times in 7 months!)

what a funny thing to talk about! LOL!