PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Bfing woes

peanut4us
11-05-2003, 05:09 PM
So I went to the Dr who ordered a battery of blood work... including *gasp* a pregnancy test. Yikes! I just got the results... everything was normal and the test was negative. Their advice: drink more, sleep more, be less stressed. NO S$%@ sherlock. Seriously though, I'm glad I had it checked out.

So we are supplementing in the day time with formula. Fine. It's going OK. Sara isn't that thrilled with it, but she eats it when she's hungry.

After my 3-day weekend, my production is up a bit. So in the night, she's still just nursing. I won't be surprised if my supply goes down as the week goes on. But I'm prepared to give her formula if need be at night.

The only other change that I have made is about my attitude at work. I'm just trying to not let things stress me. I might make a post in the Lounge about that.

In any case, thank you for all of your supportive words. I know I am on my way to weaning, and I'm OK with that now. We all do our best. That's all we have to give.

amp
11-05-2003, 05:32 PM
I'm glad you updated us. I've been thinking of you and Sara. I know this hasn't been easy and I'm glad that you are adjusting to the weaning. Hugs to you.

pritchettzoo
11-05-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm so glad everything was normal! At least that's one less thing to worry about. Gotta love the doc's advice, though--did s/he write a prescription for your stress-free tropical island?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

sntm
11-05-2003, 08:56 PM
oh, sweetie, will send you blissful relaxing thoughts. maybe it will be like the women who get pregnant once they give up trying -- once you get OK with it, maybe the milk will start flowing.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

McQ
11-05-2003, 08:59 PM
I've been thinking about you Joey. Glad to know everything is okay and that you're in a good place with everything.

And about work. Pre-baby, I used to be very high strung, type A, going above and beyond and wearing myself out. Somehow I came around and said my best is just going to have to be good enough. I still give it my all but I try not to stress about it anymore. And I walk out the door on time with a smile on my face knowing I'm going home to Declan. You can do it!!!!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

jennifer13
11-05-2003, 09:05 PM
Thanks for updating us! Letting go and taking care of yourself will be very liberating. I'm sure you plan on teaching your daughter to do her best and be kind to herself, and you start that lesson by living it yourself. Good luck on this new leg of your motherhood journey.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

barbarhow
11-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Glad you got an all clear on your tests. That is always a relief. Hang in there-I know just how you feel about the work stuff. So easy to say we won't stress about it, but...
Be good to your self and know that you are all your beautiful baby needs. The best thing for her is love and if you wean-that is okay. You are a great mom!!!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

Marisa6826
11-06-2003, 01:45 AM
Girlie-

I've been meaning to call you and have been totally wrapped up in this house thing.

I'm glad that everything is OK. Remember what we talked about.

I still have to get you Karlene's number.

HUGS

-m

houseof3boys
11-06-2003, 10:23 AM
Joey I am glad to hear that you are doing better. You are doing your best and that is what matters. You are a wonderful and caring mother sweetie!!!!!

Dcclerk
11-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Joey-- I just wanted you to know that your posts help others, too. I really have appreciated you being so "transparent" on the board about your highs and lows of BF-ing. When we're having various issues, I honestly think about how you have handled various situations and your positive attitude about it all, and it really helps me. Thanks for sharing with us all, and good luck with this next phase, whatever it turns out to be:).

MartiesMom2B
11-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Joey:

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with the nursing. You are doing your best, and I'm glad that you are feeling better about your decision. You are a great mama.

I hope you are able to let some stress go at work. I know it's really hard to do. I stress out all the time, and I don't even work.

Take care!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mycatspaz
11-08-2003, 02:10 AM
Hi, Joey, I just wanted to add a comment...I did't read your other post, so I don't know how old your little one is, but there are a lot of women I know that bf their babies during the evening/night and weekends and ff during the day while they are at work.

It's a possibility for you too, so it may or may not work. Your attitude is really great--you are doing your best and that's good enough and you understand that. So instead of beating yourself up for not being able to do more, you accept that this is your best and that's okay.

While I was in school, I pumped and had a great regular supply for my little one. The semester I had to intern was horrible!! My boss was great about pumping so I had no problems there, but I found working with clients really screwed up my schedule, so my production suffered. However, I continued to pump, and my supply went down, but I just decided that any bm my DS got was better than none and the sitter gave that first then formula.

Good luck and you are a wonderful mommy!!

Christine