PDA

View Full Version : breastmilk only and gas

lizajane
11-07-2003, 10:44 PM
mr baby appears to be having some gas trouble again, which makes no sense because he is only eating breastmilk. i don't think i have changed my diet at all. i don't drink milk or eat tons of cheese (just ice cream, but always have!) so i don't think it is dairy. maybe i have had some chocolate this week because someone gave me a jar of ghiradelli. would it be the chocolate? it isn't like i haven't eaten chocolate in the past 7 months, though. maybe i just ate more than usual this week because i had the gift jar thing? i have had some diet coke this week. but caffiene isn't new, either. i have one a day for a week and then none for a while, and then a few a week again...

sigh.

it is annoying enough that he can't eat solids. if there is suddenly something wrong with my milk, he is totally out of options. if i can't figure this out, i am going to FREAK OUT. i have too much to cope with already.

help. (waving arms in air while drowning...)

houseof3boys
11-07-2003, 11:31 PM
Hmmm, I tried to do some research for you on this but it all stems back to the caffeine in the chocolate. I know you said that one a day is typical for you with the diet coke, but *maybe* that + the chocolate is too much. Who knows?!?! If it is dark chocolate (yum :)) then it has more caffeine (3 times the caffeine actually according to http://www.kellymom.com/meds/caffeine.html based on Hershey's not the far superior Ghiradelli).

Go ahead and send the rest of the chocolate to me and see if that makes a difference in his gassiness by you giving it up. :P

lizajane
11-08-2003, 09:52 AM
you are a riot! send you the chocolate.. nice try, baby! hee hee.

it is dark chocolate. i bet that is it. sigh. no chocolate for me today. the gas plus the teeth has me spinning. hence, the need for the chocolate... good thing i have some ice cream in the house!

thanks so much for looking for info! you're the best!