PDA

View Full Version : Burp cloth for monogramming initials

yhtking
11-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Does anyone know where I can get some nice thick lint free burp cloth to monogram baby's initals?

Thanks.

lizajane
11-09-2003, 11:23 AM
i like using chinese cotton prefolds for burp cloths, because they are the "real" cloth diapers and they are the most absorbant! saves your shirt from leaks! they would look great with initials, but proabably would still not be super fancy looking. if you want it to be a pretty flannel with nice edges, i would suggest a baby boutique. we got a gorgeous one from a friend who got it at a place around the corner from my house. has scalloped edges with a pretty trim and schuyler's monogram in green. i think the tag on the cloth said $16, and i don't know if the monogram was extra (probably). a prefold would be less than $2.

let me know which kind you want- if you just want a prefold, i have a box of brand new ones (i plan to make burp cloths). i will send you one for cost and cost of shipping so you don't have to pay for shipping to just buy one from a website. if you want the really fancy one and you don't have a fancy boutique near you, i would be happy to send you their phone number so that you can order one from the one here. edited to add- if you just want the cloth, i can pick it up for you. it really is right by my house.

yhtking
11-09-2003, 12:42 PM
You are so sweet. Are those pre-folds kind of like the Gerber cloth diaper? We have lots of boutiques in town. I was just wondering if there are any cheaper route of getting some. Thanks so much for your input.

Mom to Tyler (6/6/3)

lizajane
11-09-2003, 06:28 PM
they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the gerber ones. much softer, bigger and a nicer weave in the fabric. they are the same flat rectangle idea, just a lot better than the gerber ones.

check them out at naturalbabies.com. you will want standard size (infant size will be too small).

yhtking
11-10-2003, 07:26 PM
I bought a pack of the heavyduty cloth diaper form BRU yesterday. They seem pretty nice. Hopefully it will work for us. Otherwise, I will have to order some from the website you gave me. Thanks again.