PDA

View Full Version : Fenugreek....what brand to use?

billysmommy
11-11-2003, 04:18 PM
I want to try fenugreek to give my supply a little boost...al the usual things I do just aren't working this time. :(
I was at out drug store this morning and the brand of fenugreek they had said not for pregnant or lactating women on the bottle? The LC wasn't in today so I couldn't ask her about it.
What brand(s) of fenugreek have you found most helpful?
TIA :)

C99
11-11-2003, 04:24 PM
I've read that on bottles of fenugreek extract as well -- you definitely need to take the pills. Other than that, I don't think it matters which brand you buy. I'm pretty sure this is the stuff I have: http://smallflower.com/product.html?web_area=1&product_id=12417

hellokitty1
11-11-2003, 10:17 PM
I started out on GNC and thought there was a supply difference. Then when I ran out, I got couple bottles at Vitamin World. Like yours, the bottles from Vitamin World said "not for pregnant or lactating women" which I thought was odd. Anyway, after not seeing much of a difference, I have gone back to the GNC brand.

HTH.

spencersmommy
11-12-2003, 01:34 AM
Hi, the fenugreek works great! Last month my supply was running low so I bought some at Whole Foods, the Nature's Way brand. The bottle says not for pregnant women, nothing about nursing. I only took 2 a day and it started working pretty quickly. I've heard others on the board say they took 3 a day, so whatever works well for you. You will smell like maple syrup...not a bad smell! Good luck!
Amy
Mommy to Spencer 6-4-03

flagger
11-12-2003, 08:20 AM
The cheapest place Ms. Flagger has found was at the Vitamin Shoppe. You can find it by doing a google search.

HTH