PDA

View Full Version : Avent Isis or Medela electric?

ecmay
11-13-2003, 06:22 AM
I'm due in Feb and planning to stay at home full time and breastfeed 6+ months (if poss). Don't anticipate needing to pump often because will be with baby full time, so thinking of settling for manual Avent Isis pump. Do people find the Isis effective, or is it a waste of money? Would be willing to splurge on Medela if Isis will be disappointing/useless. Could also justify cost of Medela for use with planned future babies, lend to sister, etc.
Thanks!

LucyG
11-13-2003, 08:23 AM
I have been using the Isis for almost 9 months, and I think it's a wonderful pump! It's quiet, easy to use and clean, and works beautifully for me. I work part-time, so use the Isis to pump once a day while at work. I think it would be very adequate for your needs. I have several friends who have used both the Isis and electric pumps, and they have all said that the Isis works just as well for them, and better in some cases. I would start out with the Isis, as you can always invest in a more expensive pump later if your needs change. Hope that helps!

votre_ami03
11-13-2003, 09:18 AM
I really liked the Isis. I used it occasionally during my 12 weeks off & I used it when I returned to work, for about the first month. It is very easy to take apart & clean. I started using my Ameda Purely Yours (an electric) yesterday & I am not sure if it is as efficient as my Isis.

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03

kaismom
11-13-2003, 07:37 PM
I have both the Avent Isis and Medela PIS (traveler). I like both of them, but I have the Isis at home for occasional use and the PIS for pumping at work, or when I am away on a business trip. With the PIS I can pump faster and have figured out how to also do some work, read e-mails, etc at the same time :). But I also like the Isis a lot too, I had tried other manual pumps with baby #1 and this was by far the best, even if it is kind of $$.