PDA

View Full Version : Avent Isis....do you like it?

SeekerMage
11-15-2003, 02:03 AM
Im going to be a stay at home mom but on the go a lot to so I intend to pump atleast enough for one bottle a day.....do you think that the Isis will be good enough for that? I just bought the Avent Isis on the go pack....56$ at Target is that good?....anyhow...do you think that it will work well enough especially if I have engorgement or anything? Thanks!

stillplayswithbarbies
11-15-2003, 12:54 PM
yes, the Isis will be fine for that.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
11-15-2003, 02:10 PM
FYI, both Target and TRU both routinely (maybe every other month) have a 15% off all Avent products sale which includes the Isis.

Jenmv
11-15-2003, 03:56 PM
I used the Purely Yours electric at work but I would use the Avent Isis while traveling in the car and the Isis was just as efficient as the PY. It's an excellent manual pump and a heck of a lot cheaper. If you wanted to save more time you could always buy another Isis so that you could use them at the same time.

parkersmama
11-15-2003, 05:06 PM
I think the Isis would be great for that! It's a terrific pump, IMO, and so affordable. It's actually more comfortable than my PIS.

August Mom
11-15-2003, 05:59 PM
The Isis is okay IMO. But, I've decided that if I have another child, I'm going to get the PIS. You can definitely pump 1 bottle a day with the Isis if you want, but I was frustrated with how long it took me to pump a whole bottle with the Isis, and I generally pumped first thing in the morning when I had the largest supply. In most cases, it took me around 40 minutes to get a 4 oz. bottle. Now, this could just be me and maybe a PIS wouldn't help, but I have never had supply issues. However, I just found that you have so little time to yourself as a mom anyway, I didn't want to spend an extra 20 minutes or so pumping.

Just my 2 cents.

lizajane
11-15-2003, 09:00 PM
hmmm... 40 minutes sounds reeeeeally long. i am sorry it doesn't seem to work for you! i have no idea really, but it seems to me like the PIS wouldn't work any better. some folks i know have better luck with the isis than an electric because they can alter the speed of the pump, etc. have you called the customer service number to ask if there is anything you can try to make it work faster? new parts? i dunno... just hate to know that you have to work so hard!

it takes me less than 10 minutes to get 6 oz. i think the isis is SUPER.

parkersmama
11-15-2003, 10:28 PM
It's not just you! I know other people who the Isis just doesn't cut it for them. I definitely think that anyone desiring to pump more than one bottle a day should get an electric pump. Also, if you find that one pump doesn't work, definitely try another. They are not all created equal to all people. I love my PIS...it carried me easily through pumping for both my sons for a year each.

C99
11-15-2003, 11:02 PM
I think that if you want to pump a bottle a day, a mini-electric or electric pump is the way to go! I love the Avent Isis, but I only pump on occasion these days. When I had to pump 1 bottle or more/day, I used the PIS or a rented electric pump.

deborah_r
11-15-2003, 11:33 PM
The Isis works well for me. it is the only one I own. i pump once per day or less.

wendmatt
11-16-2003, 12:32 AM
I have the Isis and it was great. I used to pump in the morning and get 6-9 oz in the time it took dd to nurse on the other side (usually 5-15 mins). I built up a great stock and she ended up not taking a bottle!! Introduce the bottle and KEEP giving it!! I thought it was very comfortable. Good luck

votre_ami03
11-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Worked great for me. I ran out and bought it my 2nd day home from the hosp. It definitely helped w/that initial engorgement. I also used it for my first 4+ weeks back at work, pumping 3 x a day.

I went w/the set you are speaking of too, w/the cooler/case. I like it. Although, my pump went missing/stolen & I bought another @ Walgreen's (it was an emergency!) & this set came w/2 extra valves an extra diaphragm. Wish they both did.

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03

Xariklia
11-17-2003, 12:34 PM
I am a stay at home mom as well and I have only used the Isis and I love it. It works very well for me. For those that find it does not work for them, have you tried this? I just happened to realize this one morning, that if you take the pump off your boob for a second, and then put it back on and start pumping again, more milk comes out. I don't know why. but now when the stream starts to slow down, I just move the pump a little off my skin, and then continue and I get a huge spray again. maybe it's the suction, i don't know, has anyone encountered this? anyway good luck. the isis is great. I've been using it for 4 months now.

votre_ami03
11-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Yes. I like the Isis maybe a little more than my Ameda PY, b/c it seems to be easy to manipulate. I agree, if you re-arrange it you can get more. Also, a couple other mom's mentioned taking the rubber piece off & using the platic piece with out.

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03

zannasmom
11-17-2003, 07:02 PM
I bought one and bottles. I thought it would work so great. IT took forever to get a couple ounces. i used it like 3 times and gave. DD never ended up taking a bottle. so now im stuck with a breast pump and bottles that didnt work for me.
Seeya
Roseanna 10/07/02
Crystal 11/21/95
Robert 12/06/91:7