PDA

View Full Version : Avent Isis question

papal
11-17-2003, 11:18 PM
Hi,
I just bought the Avent Isis hand breast pump from BrU. I wanted to pump one bottle a day for my 4 weeks old middle-of-the-night feeding or her feed before night nap.
Anyway, after an hour of pumping I got enough milk to fill half of those disposable sachets/bottles. Is this normal? And since I am not sure how much dd really drinks when i bf her, I don't know if by giving her the entire amount it was too much or too little? She drank it all in 10 minutes and after fussing for a bit (needed to burp, dirty diaper, spit ups) she settled down.

The other thing is that the nipple has a single hole and says it is for babies till one month but it seems like dd gets too much milk at once..and some of it gets wasted because of this.. is there a smaller size for a nipple?

If i give her this ebm for her night feeds will my milk supply at that time diminish completely? I don' want that to happen incase i dont have any ebm handy.

This bfing thing is HARD! But its definitely getting easier as time passes (or I am just getting used to how hard it is!)

Thanks,
Rashmi

lizajane
11-17-2003, 11:38 PM
4 oz sounds pretty normal. that is probably what she is eating at a feeding.

you could try a different brand of bottle, but i used avent, too, so i can't recommend one.

if you use a bottle at night, your body will slow down what it makes at that time. BUT you can always build it back up by nursing more.

glad it is getting easier for you! once is stars to get easier, it is amazing how easy it is all of a sudden!!