PDA

View Full Version : PIS: Which one?

neeter
11-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Hi, I'm ready to purchase a Pump In Style breast pump. There are three versions that I'm thinking about, and I'm wondering if anyone would recommend a particular version over another. There's the PIS, PIS-Traveler and PIS-Advanced. Any measurable difference between the two (in particular the regular PIS and the PIS-Advanced) -- the store has them for about a $10 difference.

Thanks for any advice!!

farsk
11-18-2003, 03:17 PM
Hello!

You will love your PIS!!!! I had a similar question to yours a while ago when I bought mine and came to the trusty boards. Everyone recommended going with the PIS regular vs. the Advanced because it had been so tried and true for so long. I have the regular PIS and LOVE IT!!!!

About the traveler, I understand you can take the motor out and just use the back-pack when you're done. For the price difference, I had rather have a cuter back-pack. But that's just my opinion!

Good Luck!

Momof3Labs
11-18-2003, 03:25 PM
I have a regular PIS and wish that I had gotten the Traveler, but at the time, the Traveler was about $80 more! Yeah, I got a great deal on the PIS.

Before you buy, check www.fjroberts.com - they are much cheaper than most places!

houseof3boys
11-18-2003, 03:26 PM
I love my PIS traveller!

I think there are some recent posts about this too if you do a search.

KGoes
11-19-2003, 11:41 AM
I also bought the regular PIS because of the price difference between it and the Traveller. I love my PIS, but I feel like a pack mule back and forth to work. I think I would like the Traveller . . . .
Kelley
DD born 7/03

neeter
11-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks, these posts are really helpful. I guess is there a weight difference between the two (regular and traveller)? The price difference is $50, and if the weight is basically the same, I will pick the regular one!

Do lots of moms need to bring the pump back and forth to work, or can I leave the pump at work?

Thanks for all your advice!

Momof3Labs
11-19-2003, 12:27 PM
I bring my pump back and forth, but that's only because I need it at home in between work days (on days I go into the office, I have to pump before leaving for work and in the evening, since Colin wakes up after I leave and goes to bed before I get home - fortunately, this is only one day a week)!

KGoes
11-19-2003, 01:59 PM
I carry mine back and forth because I pump once at home at night.

Kelley
DD born 7/03

stillplayswithbarbies
11-19-2003, 06:45 PM
I have an extra set of horns and tubes and stuff at work, so I just carry the pump motor back and forth. I pump once at home in the morning and twice at work.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

heidi_timms
11-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Like Lori said, definitely try www.fjroberts.com. I bought mine there and got a great price. It shipped quick and I was pleased overall! I have the regular PIS, but I don't travel with it back and forth from work.
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

neeter
11-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Thank you for your responses! :)

jeanmarine
06-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Unfortunately, www.FJRoberts.com has stopped carrying Medela pumps, according to its website.