PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

todzwife
11-18-2003, 06:25 PM
I have a physical therapy appt on base for my back this Friday. It is at 8 stinkin o' clock in the morning! I am not supposed to bring Dallin, but I don't have anyone to leave him with. Most of the doctors in that department are men, and BFing would be really awkward. DS is not discreet yet. Ideally I would feed him from 6:45-7:15 right before I leave, but who's to say if he will be cooperative. I was thinking if I can't feed him then, I should pump and bring it. That way if he gets hungry enough he can take the bottle.Any other ideas? If he makes it through the appointment I can go down the hall to Dentistry to feed him in my husband's office. That's not a big deal. Thanks!

Rachels
11-18-2003, 08:56 PM
I'd take him. He's a newborn! Doctors asking you to be away from your newborn are requesting an unreasonable thing. About the nursing, though-- if you haven't yet started NIP, this might actually be a safe place to try it. Doctors have kind of seen it all, ya know? Practice at home in front of a mirror and see what you think. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

houseof3boys
11-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Bring him!! Tell them you don't have anyone to leave him with and he is a newborn so he really needs to be with you. You could always ask for a private room for 10 minutes to feed him too. You never know until you are in the situation if he will cooperate and eat on cue and believe me you can't plan the feedings. I have tried that for 5 months now and it never fails to not be according to mommies plan.

You'll be fine, really. It might feel funny bringing him since you are not "supposed" to, but you'll get over the weirdness pretty quickly. At least I did. :P

Edited for spelling!

infomama
11-18-2003, 10:12 PM
First...can you change your appointment?
If not, I would take him (and a bottle) with you. Our little ones were born on the same day and I am also in PT (had some nerve compression in my leg during delivery) so I can relate to how you feel. (Our DD is also not yet very discreet.) I have the same dillema coming up on turkey day as I am having dinner at a large restaraunt (1 /2 hours from home) with some distant relatives who I dont know very well.
I think it's OK to break out a bottle of your milk on these rare occasions, especially if you feel that uncomfortable about NIP at this stage.
Good luck.

Kat
Mama to Skyler
10-8-03

todzwife
11-18-2003, 11:51 PM
I can't change my appt. I have waited for over a month to get in! It's rediculous! I will probably bring a bottle just in case, but if he can be good, I will feed him before and after. :)

brittone2
11-19-2003, 08:01 AM
I am a physical therapist, and I personally can't imagine having a problem with a patient bringing in their infant if that were the case. You might just want to explain why he's there. Obviously if you had someone to watch him, etc. it would probably make the appt. go more smoothly overall but I wouldn't feel badly about bringing him. I don't think they'll kick you or him out of PT over it ;) I wish you much luck with your therapy...just wanted to give you my 2 cents from the other end.

Beth