PDA

View Full Version : Weird question...how FAST to feed?

deborah_r
11-21-2003, 03:11 PM
DS starts screaming at us if we don't shovel the gruel in fast enough (rice cereal). Is it Ok for him to eat one spoonful right on top of the other? DH thinks it is because he is used to a steady stream of breastmilk...

Literally he starts yelling as the spoon is on it's way back to the bowl to get more!

kransden
11-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Some babies are just like that. At dd's daycare, you would think one baby was starved by the amount of fussing he makes. It is just how he eats. If you gave dd as much as he gets on a spoon, she would spit it back out at us. I still am just amazed at how much personality babies are born with instead of shaped by the parents.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

sntm
11-21-2003, 04:32 PM
deborah,
would he yell less if he had a spoon? maybe one for him and one for you so he can be busy trying to spoon up more at the same time? might be messy, but...

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

luvbeinmama
11-22-2003, 01:50 AM
Deborah, that's how DD ate for a long time. LOL!! My dad once gave my mom a hard time about feeding her so fast because she was 'learning to eat too fast to really digest stuff', and we both looked at him like he was crazy. I told him, the stuff is really liquid, and don't worry, they REALLY slow down when they get to the stuff they have to mash & chew. Really, with the stuff you are giving him right now, he swallows it directly after you put it in his mouth. He doesn't have to chew anything like we do. I mean, when you are eating a meal don't you put more food in when your mouth is empty? Same thing he's doing.