PDA

View Full Version : frequent poops won't stop, Help!

barbarhow
11-22-2003, 09:44 AM
DS is just getting over a virus-he had fevers to 102-103 for several days and frequent loose stools-every 1-2 hours. We are finally past the fevers but the pooping hasn't let up. He is going just about every 3-4 hours around the clock. His tush is irritated, he has definately lost weight, I have tried rice cereal and bananas but he wants none of that.
We are both exhausted. He wakes up all through the night so neither of us are getting alot of sleep. He is still peeing, his mouth is nice and moist and he still cries tears so I know he is not dehydrated. (Nursing everytime he wakes up-) But he has definately lost weight. That is my biggest concern. He is not a big guy to begin with-only in the 10th percentile-So I am starting to worry. Any ideas? Or do I just have to stick it out. TIA
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

jd11365
11-23-2003, 08:46 AM
I'd definitely give the ped a call. I haven't had the experience to offer any suggestions for the pooping, but it definitely sounds like a question for the ped. And don't worry that it's a Sunday...give them a call. As for the tush...Triple Paste cream...you have to ask for it at the pharmacy. They usually can get it the next day...at least where I live. It is a must for the highly irritated tushy!

I hope Jack feels better...poor thing! :-(

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03