PDA

View Full Version : when to start yogurt?

billysmommy
11-22-2003, 08:49 PM
When did everybody start feeding yogurt? I regularly eat yogurt for lunch, DS is 6.5 months old and does everything humanly possible to get to my container of yogurt. It's funny because he doesn't do this with any other food, just yogurt. Even if it's just in a plain bowl. I was wondering when you could start feeding yogurt and what brand should I use - Yo Baby or another one? TIA

Momof3Labs
11-22-2003, 09:21 PM
We started Colin on yogurt around 7-7.5 months, after a month or so on solids. He loved it from the start, and still loves it! We started with YoBaby and switched to Stoneyfield Farms Vanilla whole milk yogurt (in a 32oz container) because Colin didn't always eat it in 4oz portions (often bigger).

Just look for a full fat (whole milk) yogurt (often hard to find) like YoBaby or the SF one I mentioned; there are probably others out there!

kaitlinsmommy
11-22-2003, 11:04 PM
DD also started yogurt at 7 months and liked it right away. I usually keep a big container of organic plain yogurt at home but like to have Yobaby around too so we can bring it in the diaper bag. Just an fyi - I usually mix infant oatmeal cereal into hers. She is pretty small so I like to bulk up all her foods and it adds iron.

JElaineB
11-22-2003, 11:15 PM
I waited until DS was 9 months old to start yogurt. I think if you are not too worried about milk allergies you can start earlier. I started with YoBaby but a couple of weeks ago switched to Dannon LaCreme. It's not organic like YoBaby, but is much thicker and creamier. DS is trying to feed himself with a spoon now and the LaCreme sticks to the spoon much better.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

calebsmama03
11-23-2003, 06:16 PM
DS is 8 1/2 mos and has been eating yogurt for almost a month. We use Stonyfield or Brown Cow whole milk vanilla. He LOVES it. I mix his rice cereal (homemade) into it and it's like rice pudding.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

jubilee
11-24-2003, 11:36 PM
We just started Yo Baby yogurt about 2 weeks ago, at 7 months old, and it was a HUGE hit with Logan.