PDA

View Full Version : Did everyone's babies hate PEAS?

deborah_r
11-24-2003, 02:28 AM
I was too lazy (and lacking confidence) to deal with the making of my own baby food, so we tried to feed Kai Gerber peas today. Wow, did he hate them! The faces he made...I felt sorry for him! You've never seen a baby so happy to eat rice cereal as he was tonight...he was just so happy the spoon did not have peas on it!!!

Should I stick with 4 days of this or abandon and move on?

luvbeinmama
11-24-2003, 03:14 AM
Hee, hee, try the Tender Harvest early peas. I hate older peas, too. I have to have the early peas. Of course, I couldn't get DS to eat peas either!

jd11365
11-24-2003, 05:14 AM
Deborah,
I say come back with it another day...of course, who the heck am I? I've been doing this as long as you have. ;-) I gave up on barley cereal when I saw she hated it...why push it and create a "food issue" early on is what I was thinking...but again, JMO. FWIW, Kayla LOVED string beans yesterday. They were the fastest and easiest of anything I've made so far...steam, blend, eat! Even easier than the avacado which was supposed to be smush and go...they cooked super-fast and blended and poured so easily into the ice cube trays. So far favorites have been oatmeal, sweet potato and string beans... Also..."they"...whoever "they" are, say sometimes kids have texture issues, so it might not be the peas but the texture. If you've been making everything else for him, he might not be used to the different texture or even taste of the commercial food. It might have been thinner than what he is used to... I dunno...just thinking out loud...

Good luck...I might be crazy, but this is all kinda fun...keeps it new every few days! My DH won't let me start a new food unless he's home because every new food is a new 1st! ;-)

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

Rachels
11-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Abigail HATED them, and not just a little. I didn't push her on it. I don't care if she doesn't eat peas. But then a few months ago, she saw some in a pasta dish and screeched for them, and to my astonishment, she ate them all. Now that she's mobile and talking, she's clear about her preference for anything round. She calls them "pea balls" and eats them with gusto. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

C99
11-24-2003, 11:21 AM
Nathaniel won't eat anything green out of a jar. He will eat peas and green beans from the freezer and cut into small pieces, but if it's pureed, no way.

nathansmom
11-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Here are some pictures of Nathan eating peas the first time. Its funny cause he loves the little canned ones now but refused the pureed.
http://members19.clubphoto.com/norah676443/1445977/owner-d198.phtml

sntm
11-24-2003, 12:37 PM
LOL! i love the look on his face!

man, I am getting really excited for solids now! i'm waiting until we stop traveling so another 3 weeks, but he is sooooo wanting it.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

McQ
11-24-2003, 01:58 PM
So far so good here. The only things Declan doesn't like is spinach and peaches.

How does one prepare avocado?

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

Rachels
11-24-2003, 02:12 PM
Well, at this point, I just cut it in chunks and she chews it up (even with only four teeth). At first, though, I mashed it with a fork and stirred in a little breastmilk to thin it out a bit.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Momof3Labs
11-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Colin HATED peas, too. And green beans. He is very suspicious of any green food now (and we didn't force anything on him). He will eat peas and green beans when they are in this meatloaf-like, mashed potato-topped pie, but not on their own.

deborah_r
11-25-2003, 01:05 AM
I mixed the peas with some breastmilk and rice cereal and he happily ate it up! Yippee!!!

agomalley
11-29-2003, 05:08 PM
Ryan made a funny face and didn't seem to like them at first, so I mixed them with a little plain yogurt. It actually tasted pretty good. Now he'll eat them plain. He had green beans today and seemed to like them, too. For those of you who are making your food...did you steam and puree fresh green beans/peas or frozen ones. Can you use frozen if you aren't going to refreeze the puree? I've made a few things so far, but since I'm having a hard time getting certain fruits and veggies fresh, I've been using jars.

Anabelle and Ryan 4/9/03