PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What do do with a constant BFer? (m)

fauve01
11-24-2003, 02:47 PM
When she is not sleeping, she cries unless she is on me. I know babies have a huge need to suck, so I have tried every type of pacifier out there and also my pinky for her to suck on instead of me. No dice! DH has given her a bottle, and when she's done she wants to be right back on me. In fact, last night she would not finish the bottle, probably because she knew I was just in the next room.

Any suggestions? Please tell me someone else has gone through this and that she will outgrow it sooner or later!
I'm having dreams of getting my hair cut...or actually I'd settle for a shower without her screaming when I get out.

Anne +DD, 6.5 weeks

Rachels
11-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Oh, I've been there! I promise it passes. I remember those haircut fantasies. Have you tried swaddling her tightly or using a sling? That might help a little. But the constant nursing DOES end. I think I lived on the couch for the first eight weeks, and then it slowly improved. She nursed every hour for a good five months, but also got more efficient so that there was breathing room as well. Hang in there!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02