PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some casual maternity clothes or pj's

momtoemma
11-24-2003, 02:51 PM
Can anyone point me to some comfy casual maternity clothes or pajamas? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I need something that I can wear around my house and to sleep at night. My sweat pants have gotten too tight, and I am getting to wear I don't like the feel of anything the slightest bit snug around my waist.

Thanks,

sugarsnappea
11-25-2003, 06:56 AM
Congrats! I have had good luck with the Liz Lange lounge line at Target. There are a few sweat/track suits in different fabrics that you can mix and match. They are appropriate for around the house and at the grocery store. Another idea is the belly basics line. I got a 3 piece set from Kohls after someone here alerted me to a great sale. The cotton is so soft and the waistband is not bothersome. HTH! :)

farsk
11-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Hi!

I LOVE my Majamas...but they were expensive. Still, you may want to check e-bay for them. The pants can't be beat! I'd skip on the top, though.

Good Luck!

jennifer13
11-25-2003, 11:58 AM
I loved mine from the Gap. They were a gift so I don't know how much they were, but check for a sale on-line. I also just found some pj's at Costco. They weren't maternity but you could just buy an XL- they are very soft and comfortable, with a roomy elastic waist.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

kapow
11-27-2003, 06:36 AM
Check out Old Navy for casual clothes. I bought a great pair of stretchy grey pants in my first trimester and I wore them home from the hospital. Old Navy and Gap are my two favorites for casual maternity.

calebsmama03
11-27-2003, 02:23 PM
I had these from Babystyle and LOVED them - these are in the outlet, so the color choices are sparse, but you can get them in the non outlet section, too. I actually still wear mine even though I've been down to prepreg size for a while (they are drawstring)
http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?PMId=12306&SIND=1&cmCL=estyleoutlet&frm=2
They also have nice matte jersey bootlegs that are comfy

I've heard the Japanese Weekens Hug line pants are great, but too pricey for me to try!

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

C99
11-27-2003, 08:33 PM
Japanese Weekend Hug pants are very comfortable in early pregnancy, but I found that the band of elastic would fold in half and sag down when I got to be bigger. Maybe it was because I carried low? Anyway, they are pricy, but I've often seen them on eBay. I actually had 2 pairs of JWO pants and sold one of my pairs on eBay for about $40.

JennyLynn
12-01-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm 36 weeks with baby #1 and I have developed a deep attachment to cotton drawstring/elastic waist pajama pants from Target! I got them on clearance, but Target always seems to have a nice and inexpensive selection of PJ's. I also picked up a couple of shelf-bra tank tops which I plan to wear with nursing pads at night instead of sleep bras.

I did see some nice pajamas at Sears too, although they seemed a little pricey. But maybe they will go on sale with the holidays coming up.

amp
12-01-2003, 06:14 PM
My favorite stretcy pants were a black ribbed polyester (I liked them much better on me than on the hanger!) from Kohl's and my stretchy polyester exercise-style pants from Land's End. I lived in these!