PDA

View Full Version : YoBaby - How long outside the fridge?

Marisa6826
11-26-2003, 12:39 PM
Sophie's really into the whole YoBaby thing. How long can an unopened container stay outside the fridge if I want to take it with when we go out shopping??

I've been afraid to take it with me, but I saw a Mommy in the mall yesterday feeding her baby yogurt.

It would save me having to buy Sophie her own turkey sandwiches at Au Bon Pain ;)

-m

JacksMommy
11-26-2003, 01:09 PM
I'm no expert on these things but I would think that yogurt would certainly be able to last a few hours (3-4) outside of the fridge, assuming it's not a hot day. I definitely take YoBabys along for my son when we go out and have never had a problem.

Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02

egoldber
11-26-2003, 02:03 PM
I would think that 3-4 hours is safe. But why not just pack a small cooler bag with an ice pack?

HTH,

lisams
11-26-2003, 02:27 PM
That's what we do. I have the little ice packs and small tote that came with one of the formula company's bags they give at the hospital. It keeps the yogurt nice and cool for a long time.

Lisa

Marisa6826
11-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Beth-

I've considered packing an additional cooler pack, but since I've already got one with bottles, and my dipe bag is at maximum capacity, I was hoping to minimize the whole sherpa experience ;)

-m

egoldber
11-26-2003, 08:18 PM
Will it fit in there with the bottles? When Sarah started solids, I used one side of the bag for a bottle and the other side for a yogurt and a small Rubbermaid container (with cereal or veggies). But I used skinny bottles, so that may not work with Avent or other wider bottles.

s7714
11-27-2003, 02:24 AM
This is a little OT, but where do you buy the YoBaby yogurt? Is it in with the regular yogurt at the grocery store? (And do they sell it at the regular chain stores, or only at more specialty type markets like Whole Foods, etc.?)

Also, is there something special about the YoBaby yogurt versus regular yogart? Just curious. I've seen it mentioned several times on these boards, but I've never seen it advertised, so I was just wondering! :)

TIA,
Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

jubilee
11-27-2003, 04:04 AM
I buy it at Safeway or Albertsons, right next to the regular yogurt. Yo-Baby is made by Stonefield Farms. It is organic and made with whole milk, not low-fat. It's sold in a six pack of 4 ounces each, so it's a smaller size than regular yogurt. But you pay for the "convenience" of the smaller containers, I'm sure it is cheaper to buy a large 32 ounce size of Stonefield Farms vanilla yogurt and just scoop out what you need.

mom2kandj
11-27-2003, 05:47 AM
Jennifer -

In SoCal, we find it at Ralphs, Whole Foods, and Henry's. We actually buy the soy version which goes by the name O'Soy. For us, it is on the sweeter side and is more like a pudding than a tart yogurt. FWIW - we buy the strawberry/peach pack. The chocolate O'Soy is NOT appealing at all! YUCK! Oh and Stonyfield farms also makes their yogurt in smoothie form also. I know that Luvbeinmama's DS loves it and she is up in your area, so she might be able point you towards the right store! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (almost 3!)
& Jack (19 months)

s7714
11-28-2003, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the info.! I'll have to take a look for it on my next shopping trip.

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

rl42382
02-25-2008, 12:51 AM
they have it even in the loval corner gorcery store shop rite stop and shop key food walbaums, pathmark. i have neve had a problem finding the baby yogurt 6 packs even costco sometimes carries them. i use the large 32 oz full fat tub at home and buy the cups for travel you can also freez them they stay smooth and creamy when defrosted and it should last longer. my oldest daughter pickest kid on earth is adicted tio the lowfat smoothies i freez them to keep them cold when she takes them to school it is the only dairy out side of a little cheese and cottege cheese she will eat. she she drinks 2-3 6 oz low fat strawberry smoothies a day i buy a case a week we practically support the company and love there stuff they send me coupons weekly to help me out.

Marisa6826
02-25-2008, 02:16 AM
This post several years old and has somehow been dredged forward. I'm going to lock it to prevent any confusion.

-m