PDA

View Full Version : I am so glad I had myself professionally measured...

jec2
12-03-2003, 10:47 AM
I have been looking to get more nursing bras and so dh and I measured myself according to the instructions from Motherwear. Well, I knew something wasn't quite right when we calculated that I was in need of a AA cup! What?! How on earth could I go from an A pre-pregnancy to a AA? They don't even make AA cups. We measured and remeasured about 10 times. Well, I finally made it to Nordstrom and had someone measure me. Joyfully, I am now a D cup, which makes much more sense.

So, the moral of the story, go get yourself professionally measured for your new bras!

houseof3boys
12-03-2003, 12:31 PM
It is amazing how wrong some of us can be, isn't it?

Glad you got the right fit!

Laru
12-07-2003, 09:39 AM
What a difference a good fitting bra makes! I found a lady, who is also a lactation consultant, that sells bras out of her home. The non-nursing bras are kinda ugly, but fit well and don't use underwires. She also sells Medela nursing bras. I'm sure there are consultants for this all over, so I'm not trying to advertise. I was more impressed that she measured, in 3 places versus the 2 I'd always had before, and understood breastfeeding issues.

new_mommy25
12-08-2003, 01:37 AM
I love Nordstroms! I got myself measured there as well. The woman who measured me had three children herself so we chatted and she gave me lots of good advice. It turns out I wasn't wearing anywhere near the right size! Now I am and I am sooo much more comfortable.