PDA

View Full Version : Poop the size of a ping pong ball...and as hard!

KimberleyDawn
12-08-2003, 10:03 AM
William is suffering with constipation something terrible!
I have never seen poop like this before! It is so big (round) and sooo hard that it gets stuck and we have to help him and to make matters worse he cries and cries (obviously) because of the pain.
We brought him the our local children's hospital because after 2 days of this and no relief in sight we felt it was a worthwhile trip. The dr. prescribed Lactulose which is to be given twice a day....so we'll see how fast this works!
Kim

barbarhow
12-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Have you tried to increase fiber in his diet? Prunes, prunes, prunes. There is a wonderful concoction that you can make by mixing applesauce, bran and prune juice together-then you can add a little bit of cinnamon (or alot) for flavor. Some kids actually love it. It sounds like he needs some extra fiber and fluid in his diet to make his stool softer and easier to pass.

Poor little guy. I hope he is feeling better soon.

Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

lfp2n
12-08-2003, 04:41 PM
My DD has constipation like that a lot so I have to really watch what she eats. I mix a tsp of raw bran (from Whole Foods) with her cereal everyday. I also don't give as much cereal as I probably would if this wasn't a problem. I also give her an ice cube sized amount of organic dried prunes, that I boiled and pureed in a blender, mixed in with the cereal 3-4 times a week.

HIH
Lucy and Olivia (3/27/03)

toomanystrollers
12-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Same happened to DS here - Ped. recommended prunes - just 1/2 a jar. Did the trick :)

lizajane
12-08-2003, 07:00 PM
you have to WRESTLE the bottle of diluted prune juice away from schuyler! he loves it. i bought a bottle at whole foods, after checking to be sure there were no additives/sugars, etc.

i poured it into ice cube trays and then popped the cubes into a ziploc- perfect 1 oz servings.