PDA

View Full Version : High Chair???

writeleigh
12-10-2003, 09:45 AM
I have some questions about high chairs. Is there a reason why I couldn't use a seat like the one pictured below rather than a traditional high chair? I like the idea of this because it takes up no floor space and seems less cumbersome. But, being a first-time-mother, I have no idea if this would really work, so any insights you all can provide would be great!

sntm
12-10-2003, 02:46 PM
I have friends who used something like this as their primary high chair. You would have to wait to use it until your baby could sit well unsupported, but otherwise it should work. Also, can't use it with a pedestal table (too much risk of tipping.)

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

ktdid74
12-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Depending on how old your baby is I'm sure this is fine. Some highchairs recline so they work for younger babies. We have a highchair/booster seat combo. It's made by The First Years I believe and it's one that can strap to a chair. I actually use it on top of the kitchen table right now. It has a small tray and the seat reclines. I like it cause it's much smaller than the highchair I had with my son. It's easy to clean and it was only $30 (I got it as a gift). I think if it works for you, it's fine. When we first started with solids we used the bouncy seat and then moved her to the highchair when she was a little bigger. HTH-

writeleigh
12-10-2003, 02:56 PM
yes! I was also thinking I could begin with him in his bouncer and then feed him in the hook-on chair once older.

deborah_r
12-10-2003, 03:20 PM
I was going to dot his but decided against it because I felt I wouldn't be able to get into a comfortable position at my table to reach him and feed him easily. It may have worked out fine, but just something to think about. Try sitting at your table and picturing where it would be clamped on and see how easily you can reach to feed your baby.

writeleigh
12-10-2003, 03:21 PM
good point. I'll do so before deciding :)

Momof3Labs
12-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Also depends on how easy the chair and your table are to clean - you will be doing a LOT of cleaning of both once your baby starts self-feeding! I like containing the mess to the high chair (vinyl wipe-off seat, easy-to-clean tray), personally.