PDA

View Full Version : What do u know I have another ?

TraciG
12-15-2003, 02:10 AM
I was curious, I know if u miss the baby's feeding, your out & someone gives the baby a bottle or the baby gets formula & u dont pump eventually that screws up your milk flow so here's what i'm wondering about, last night Sydney slept 4 and a half hours ( so nice & rare ) so that meant she missed a feeding , does that mean my milk flow will decrease also what about when she takes a nap in the day & missed a feeding ???????

stillplayswithbarbies
12-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Until Logan was about 6 or 8 weeks old, I would wake her up to eat every three hours, otherwise she would have slept around the clock. But after that I didn't worry about it so much.

as your baby gets older, she will go longer between feedings and your breasts will adjust to that. She's not really missing a feeding, she is starting to stretch out her feedings and take more at one feeding, so she can last longer until she needs to eat again.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

heva
12-17-2003, 08:53 PM
My DS has been sleeping through the night lately and I've adjusted. It took about a week before my breasts didn't feel like they were going to explode in the morning. I usually put him to bed around 8pm and pump at about 11. It's nice to have the freezer stash and it's a lot to ask my body to make it to morning.