PDA

View Full Version : Are Medela Pump Deals On-line Trustworthy?

lrg
12-17-2003, 10:42 PM
I need to purchase a new Medela Pump in Style and when I did a search on line to see if I could find a good deal, I did! However, the prices are SO much cheaper than the normal retail cost of $270, I'm hesitant to trust it's not a scam.

The sites I found were -
Little Folks - $209 and free shipping
Health Check Systems - $204.50 and free shipping
Breast-Pumps.org - $197 and free shipping

Can anyone offer advice on any of these or any others?

Many thanks!

heidi_timms
12-17-2003, 11:22 PM
I got mine at fjroberts.com. Several people from the boards have ordered from them with no problems. My pump came quickly and I was pleased overall.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

lrg
12-17-2003, 11:37 PM
AWESOME - thank you!! That's the best deal so far!

s7714
12-18-2003, 01:40 AM
Ordered mine through fjroberts.com as well. They had great service. (Just a note: if you order the microwave steamer bags at the same time, you'll get free shipping on those since you're ordering a pump. They seemed to have the best prices on those as well.)

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

mommd
12-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Hi,

I purchased mine through Health Check Systems, and it arrived in three days with no problems!

lrg
12-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Hey, many thanks! After seeing that fjroberts.com has $18 shipping, the best deal is still breatpumps.org at $197 and free shipping. Anyone order from them?

lrg
12-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Microwave steamer bags - are those easier/better than boiling? I have to say, I've been terrible all this time with boiling. And, I've only been boiling the tubes about once every 1 - 2 weeks, if that. Breastmilk got into them one time and they got foggy and would not come clean no matter how much I cleaned them. Medela is actually replacing them.

I now realize I've probably got you scratching your heads as to why I'm asking about buying one if I own one - I'd borrowed mine from someone to see if I'd even be able to nurse and use a pump before ever buying. (parts were all new - only pump had been used for a short while) She was very sweet when I was only a couple of months into using it and was ready to give it back and buy one, to let me continue to use it and avoid the expense. Now that it's been 8 months, I just want to replace hers for her.