PDA

View Full Version : Need help gals......Formula Cupons Desperately Needed

liya
12-19-2003, 08:20 PM
I have a friend who works with starving children in Haiti. She is seaking for any cupons any brand anything to help her purchase formula for these kids. I told her i would ask around here JIC there was anyone who breastfed and wasnt going to use the cupons. She says nutramigen in the US costs 22 dollars a can and in Haiti 70 dollars a can. She is trying to feed and diaper(she is getting cloth donations) 31 kids so if anyone has anything that can help them out it would be greatlly appreciated.

Thanks in advance gals for anything you can spare...

Momof3Labs
12-19-2003, 08:48 PM
Linda, I have 2 - $2 coupons for Bright Beginnings formula and 2 - $4 coupons for Bright Beginnings with lipids or soy. All exp 11/30/04. Can she use coupons for this brand?

liya
12-19-2003, 09:21 PM
Any brand .....Any formula just formula...Is that a store brand like target?? You have to let me know where i can tell her to go...LOL thank you sooo very much Lori ill send you her addy....

Momof3Labs
12-19-2003, 10:12 PM
I believe that it is a store-type brand, but don't know where to buy it! I'll do a little research and send her whatever I can find when I send her the coupons. Glad that they aren't going to waste!!

papal
12-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Linda,
I have 5, $1 Similac coupons and a $11 and a $1 cheque for Good Start Supreme(these have my name printed on it but i think anyone can use them at a store.. she could try anyway).. let me know your mailing address and i will pop them in the mail.
email me at [email protected]

lrg
12-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Oh man - I must have thrown out TONS of formula coupons since I never used the stuff. I'm going to look to see if I can find anything I missed.

Here is a funny story...my 26 year old brother's roommate in NYC was somehow put on a new mom mailing list as a joke. To this day, he doesn't know who did it or what the original mailing list was, but he has received more free samples, coupons, magazines, etc than I've ever heard of in my LIFE. Way more than I ever got and I'm sure like most of you, I ended up on a million mailing lists without ever signing up purposely for anything. My brother said there is a minimum of one piece of mom-related marketing in their mailbox every single day for at least a year now. He even got a CASE of free formula! (it was either Isomil or Similac) I asked what he did with it (was going to recommend they donate it) and I think he threw it out b/c they're young single guys and don't know people with babies in NYC. Anyway, my point is, if your friend hasn't already, she should get onto some of these mailing lists. Hopefully one will hit the jackpot. I think both Isomil and Similac have their own.

liya
12-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Thank you gals ill send you her addy as soon as she replies..She is a wahm that actually gives all her profits to the Children in Haiti..Lori you know who she is...Leslie from KHW....I emailed her now...Thank you gals sooo very much this is just too kind....

Hugs to all the mamas here and their kind hearts...

BTW i will refund you the stamp money NP just send me your addys....and ill send you a stampy...

ethansmom
12-20-2003, 09:59 AM
I have some samples I'd be happy to send her. Just let me know an address.

SeekerMage
12-20-2003, 08:02 PM
I had a few coupons for good start formula, I think one is buy one get one free too and some others I think, I just have to find them if you let me know the address Ill send them out. Does she need diaper coupons too? I think I have some of those as well that I can send, let me know :)

lizajane
12-21-2003, 08:19 PM
does she have to haul all the formula to haiti? does she live somewhere else and go there often to help? just wondering because our church does missions there every year. we really wanted to go, but schuyler will only be 11 months old and therefore still breastfed. i definitely can't leave him for a week (even though i know my mom or mil would jump at the chance) so we hope to go in a few years after number two comes along and is a toddler. anyway... the point of the story...

i have been saving two coupons for i think a free can of a follow up type formula. maybe a new enfamil product? i think they are $10 coupons. i was going to buy the formula and give it to the food bank. if she can use them, i will send them to her. but they have to be used at kroger. so will you ask her if she can get to a kroger? if not, i will go ahead and give them to the food bank to make sure someone gets it who really needs it. i also have two free samples at home that i am ready to part with. i saved them for emergencies, but i can't imagine that we will need them. it has been 9 months since i got them!

i need my diapers/covers for the next kid. but maybe i will be able to find someone like her to donate it all to when both kids are out of them.

thanks for caring, linda. i should do more of this kind of stuff. thanks for reminding me to get involved.

new_mommy25
12-21-2003, 09:50 PM
What is the deal with the formula checks that have your name printed on them? I have a ton but i'm not sure if anyone else can use them.

hellokitty1
12-25-2003, 12:04 AM
anyone can use them; the store doesn't care about the name on them

jbowman
12-30-2003, 07:11 PM
I have a ton of these coupons...where should I send them? I'd hate to see them go to waste!