PDA

View Full Version : 8 weeks and still going strong

megsmom
01-13-2004, 12:03 AM
I tell ya, these weeks have flown! I almost never have time to read anything online anymore with my two blessings, but am losing a little sleep to read some of this site and am even posting a message! I tell ya, about all I do is feed kids, change diapers, and put them down for naps. That's another long post, but I do need my sleep! :)

I posted long ago when Brian was 2 weeks ago about his slow weight gain. Well today we were at the peds for his 2 month checkup and he weighs 14 lbs 2 oz now and is 25 inches. He is greater than 95th percentile so I guess I know now why I feel like all I've done for the past 3 weeks is feed him, he's been growth spurting up the wazoo. No more worries about my milk supply! :) This is especially wonderful to know he's growing so well on BM because of all the trouble I had with him early on and my daughter (LONG story but suffice it to say she was weaned at 6 weeks after much struggling and sadness).

I guess the real reason I post this is to help anyone else out there who is struggling or didn't succeed with their first child. There is definitely hope that you can overcome and learn to enjoy this precious experience. Who knows what challenges we will face down the road (I'm particularly worried about my return to work in 2 weeks) but I'm feel blessed to be where we are right now, anyway, with nursing very well established and getting easier every day.

Jen
mom to Meghan 7/13/01
and Brian 11/11/03

Momof3Labs
01-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Jen, I'm so glad that everything is working out for you - and the way you had hoped it would!! And good job, mommy, on growing such a big boy!

new_mommy25
01-13-2004, 04:56 AM
Yea, Way to Go Mama!!!

Your little boy sounds like he is doing great!