PDA

View Full Version : What should I bring and ask the LC?

SeekerMage
01-13-2004, 02:20 AM
I finally got a hold of a LC in the area and have an appointment tomorrow (assuming I can get a sitter for my eldest). Is there anything I should remember to ask her...and suggestions you have of things to bring (besides the baby hehehe) Its an office visit, I think she works out of her home...so hopefully it will go well. Her price seems reasonable too $80 for the visit is that good?

Thanks so much for the help...hopefully all will go well, I would hate the idea of wasting all the money when we dont have it to spare, especially since the check for 2,000$ we got to cover adoption fees just bounced...grrr luckily we didnt pay them yet because boy would we be in trouble! But thats a whole other story and Im rambeling. Thanks!

stillplayswithbarbies
01-13-2004, 11:15 AM
what about printing off your posts here, so you don't forget to ask her the questions?

Bring whatever pillows you use for breastfeeding, so she can help you with positioning, etc. Bring your breastpump, just in case she wants to help you with that.

If you can't get a sitter, call and ask if it's okay to bring your daughter with you, I'm sure they deal with older siblings all the time, even though it would be better to be able to focus on the baby at that time.

I'm glad you're getting help, breastfeeding can be hard, but it is so rewarding and it gets easier as time goes by.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Melanie
01-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Well, I'm late to this and you're probably gone already, but I wanted to wish you well for your appointment.

Another thing to bring would have been the type of bottle you are using to get her opinion on it for later.