PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Dollar Tree or cheap bottles and change the nipple

ladythebabygirl
01-15-2004, 12:22 AM
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone uses Dollar tree brand bottles or cheap bottles and then just chnages the nipple on the bottle??? Do they last???

LEt me know
Mel

SeekerMage
01-15-2004, 03:11 AM
I use the parent choice bottles that Walmart sells...they are $.96 each and have cute designs on them and for the same price come in both 4 oz and 8oz sizes...I change the nipples on them to the parent choice slow flow because that is what she likes, though the nipple on them is a nice silicone one. We have only had them 7 weeks but are used quite a bit, boiled often and so far are still like brand new, the designs still look new etc. I dont see anything wrong with the cheap brands since they are all standard if anything you can change the nipple as you suggested.

In addition to the parent choice ones I have some of the evenflo ones with the bent neck and Im tossing them, the nipples are hard to screw on tight and I lost a whole ounce of breast milk because not getting it on properly.(and of course this had to happen when my supply was down...grrrr)...yet I have no problems with the generic ones. Its all preference but I see no reason why you cant get them.