PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if old navy maternity runs small or big.

ladythebabygirl
01-15-2004, 12:29 AM
hi,
i just bought some old navy maternity pants size large and they are big on me but stretch and soo i guess i will grow into them i am only 11 weeks now.

Also i bought XL shirts and they are 95 percent cotton if i wash these in cold water will they be ok???

Mel

new_mommy25
01-15-2004, 05:11 AM
LOl, girl if you are only 11 weeks you will definetly grow in to them!! I didn't buy maternity clothes until my 5th month and they were huge. Then by my 36 or 37th week all of a sudden I got so enormous nothing fit at all except for Old Navy t-shirts and DH's sweats! THey have a lot of stretch so you should be fine. I always threw mine in with the regular wash. I usually wash on cold but sometimes they were washed on warm or hot and were fine.

I also really liked Gap. They frequently have sales so I often got really nice clothes there for less than Old Navy. Their jeans are great.

I also shopped http://www.babystyle.com
Some of their items are pricy but I had a knee length skirt from there that was so comfy and amazing. That was one of the few items I was able to wear all the way to the end. I've also had great luck with their outlet.
Here is the skirt I bought. http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?cmCL=mattejersey&PMID=12337 However I don't know what your situation is. I worked all the way until 1 week before delivery so I needed dress up clothes.

I bought a lot of cute things at Motherhood Maternity but I was dissapointed in their quality and sizing. IMO their clothes shrank an awful lot and weren't made very sturdily (sp?). PLus by my 7th or 8th month I couldn't fit any of my tops because they are cut so short that my belly was hanging out. However I did have a pair of black trousers that I loved and was able to wear all the way through to the end and (guiltyly) even after. Yes it is sad but even now I find myself reaching to those comfy maternity clothes. In fact I just consigned a bunch to force myself to stop wearing them! Oh and yes, you may want to check out consignment stores. I didn't know about
them while pregnant but I shop there all the time now and have gotten lots of great things for DS.

A friend gave me a skirt from pea in a pod which I really liked. It looked fab on and was in great shape considering she wore it all the time throughout her pregnancy too. The only scary thing is that I was with her when she bought it and she paid about $100. OUCH!

amp
01-15-2004, 11:48 AM
You will think you'll never fit into the maternity clothes you buy, but by the end, you may find yourself needing something bigger to cover your ever burgeoning belly! I found that by the 8th and 9th mths, I couldn't wear any jeans or khakis that had a kangaroo pouch sewn in (it cut into my belly). I needed sweats, yoga pants etc, that were just all one piece and elastic in the belly. And none of the shirts that once seemed so big would cover the pouches on pants anyway!

FWIW, the Old Navy clothes I bought seemed to fit well and seemed to me to be true to size. I don't think they shrunk excessively, and all mine got washed in warm and cold water.

jec2
01-15-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't know if Old Navy sizes differ from the Gap, but I had bought a pair of gap jeans in small (which I was hesitant about doing, thought i'd definately need a med.), and they were always a little too big. But, I loved them. It felt so great to be able to stick on a pair of jeans and feel somewhat normal!

nitaghei
01-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Old Navy runs a little big. And I had no problem with shrinking - even though I washed them in either hot or warm water. I found the Gap maternity clothes fit me better, and the quality was a little nicer - I could actually wear the Gap stuff to work, but not the Old Navy ones.

Babystyle has nice clothes - but the jackets run very small, and the skirts run large, in my experience. The one skirt I got from there was pretty big on me even when I was in my 9th month (OTOH - I put on a grant total of 12 lbs my entire pregnancy!) - but the jacket was too small even at 5 months. And I actually have a narrow back and big hips!

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

gremlin44
01-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Someone told me the Old Navy denim overalls ran big. I know for sure that the Gap denim overalls run really really big!