PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about giving up pumping

lfp2n
01-15-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm pumping once a day for a 5oz bottle DD has at daycare. I have no stash and no time to do another pumping so what I pump the day before is what she gets. Seems like before the holiday I routinely got about 6oz so I had a little extra for cereal and things. Since I had 3 weeks of basically no pumping as I was with DD all the time, now I'm back at work I only seem to be getting 3oz. This is a real downer as now I have to supplement her with formula up to 5oz every day and I'm like why am I bothering, I hate pumping anyway. Part of the problem is that the hospital loaner pump I had broke, and I have a different one that is just not as efficient even though its a lactina, but they have no more to loan out. I'm not sure whether its worth renting or buying another pump at this stage, shes nearly 10 months. The other thing is I just seem to have less at this time-although it doesn't seem to be a problem at other times when I actually nurse her. If I gave up pumping would that mean I'd make less milk and I'd have to give her a formula bottle at this time of day even when we're together like weekends, days off, I'd hate to do that but I'm not sure how the body sorts it all out.

Lucy and Olivia (3/27/03)

calebsmama03
01-15-2004, 01:22 PM
No advice, just sympathy here. DS is a few weeks older than your DD and I, too, find I'm not pumping enough for daycare even though there is plenty when he nurses. I end up pumping every AM (work or not) to top off the bottles and am trying to decide when to quit pumping even though we're not quitting nursing anytime soon. I think once he's a year I may stop pumping, or at least cut down so he gets whatever I pump at work, the rest supplemented with whole milk I suppose.

Good luck!! ;)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03