PDA

View Full Version : He's so hungry! My freezer stash is Gone!!!

todzwife
01-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Granted I only had about 20 oz, but it's gone! He's been waking up a lot at night so we decided to try a bottle of ebm before bed (after he nursed) and has been taking roughly 3-4 oz more! I would just continue nursing, but he gets frustrated when it's not coming out fast! My mom keeps telling me just to try formula after I nurse him, but I just can't do it! I had bm in the freezer that I knew was better for him. He did sleep better last night, but what do I do tonight? I am pumping all day in hopes that I will have enough for tonight, I guess I am just frustrated that I didn't have a bigger stash.

Momof3Labs
01-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Shandelle, you have to pump while he is taking the bottle. You might not get enough the first night, but after a few days, you'll get enough. Or just continue to nurse him - he is going through a growth spurt and nursing to increase your supply; giving him a bottle without pumping the same amount counteracts his efforts. Yes, he gets a little frustrated, but he'll keep going till he gets the next letdown.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Let him nurse rather than give him a bottle. Your body will respond to that and make more milk.

Pumping and giving him a bottle will not be able to keep up with him, as you are experiencing now.

Babies go through growth spurts and nurse more to get ready for them. Your body will respond to him. Just keep nursing, and let him continue to suckle after it seems like he is not getting anything. He will pull at your nipple and shake his head back and forth, that is part of the stimulation that your body needs to know to make more milk. (think of kittens pawing at their mother as they are suckling)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03