PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK to stay on the minipill when after you've weaned?

peanut4us
01-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Just wondering. I hate to go back to the OB/GYN just for a different prescription. Is there anything wrong will staying on the minipills now that Sara has weaned until my yearly appt in June?

barbarhow
01-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Joey-The only reason I can think of that you might want to switch is that the minipill is less effective than the regular pill. If that isn't an issue than I wouldn't worry about it.
You shouldn't have to go and see the OB. If you give them a call they should be able to send or call in a prescription for you. Happens all the time. HTH.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

COElizabeth
01-21-2004, 11:33 PM
My OB's nurse said the same thing, that you can stay on the mini-pill even after weaning. It has a much smaller margin of error in terms of taking it on time each day, so it's less effective, but other than that there's no reason to switch unless you have bothersome side effects.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

peanut4us
01-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Well, since I still ahven't had a visit from Aunt Flo since we had sara, and since I had only had 3 periods in the 3 years prior to conceiving her, and since we had a hard time conceiving her... I'm willing to take the risk! (Ever feel like you're say "I dare you" to the higher ups???)