PDA

View Full Version : Noah had his first sippy cup today!!

new_mommy25
02-02-2004, 01:59 AM
Noah has always refused to take a bottle, which has never been a big deal since I am a SAHM. The other day I bought him the cutest set at Ikea. It was a sippy cup, spoon and bowl shaped like a frog. I also got him two matching plastic bibs which look great becasue they have a huge moat on the bottom to catch food. And they were only 1.50. Tonight I was thinking, what the heck, so I filled the cup with a little ebm and handed it to him. And whatdayaknow, he lifts it up, tilts it back, and starts drinking. I was shocked! I didn't even need to show him how to do it. He drank about 1 ounce. I am so thrilled right now! here is a picture. (Just another shameless excuse to show off my baby).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2279.jpg

heidi_timms
02-02-2004, 02:25 AM
Angie! Cute pic. I am going to have to pick up that set at IKEA next time I'm there. I haven't been able to get Kailey to take a sippy. Maybe just a regular cup would work?

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

new_mommy25
02-02-2004, 05:03 AM
The lid pops off so it'll work as a cup too. I know some sippy cups have a valve but this one doesn't. That might make it easier for her too.

bluej
02-02-2004, 07:46 AM
Yay Noah! He is SO cute!

houseof3boys
02-02-2004, 09:46 AM
That is so cute!! Congrats to Noah. Ryan has hated all 3 brands of sippys that we have tried thus far. I wish we had an IKEA near us for this one since it's so cute!

caleymama
02-02-2004, 10:33 AM
That's adorable! It's amazing how they just know, isn't it?

We have the frog bibs and I love them.

aguinn
02-02-2004, 11:23 PM
what a cutie! and look at all that hair!

we had a similar experience with our DS - wouldn't take the bottle at all until about 4.5 months, and then took a sippy at the same time. he totally surprised me one day - i had been putting a small amount of water in the sippy just in case he figured it out, and one day i heard him swallowing! now that he's 6 months he's an old pro and i couldn't be prouder! maybe we'll just skip bottles altogether and just go with the sippy!

;)amy
Proud momma to Aidan - 7/29/03

jd11365
02-02-2004, 11:39 PM
So cute...and look at all that hair! Isn't it wonderful now that he can take a sippy? Kayla would never take a bottle either until the magic sippy! Finally I could leave her with daddy and some EBM!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03