PDA

View Full Version : Kayla is no longer a vegan...

jd11365
02-02-2004, 11:00 PM
I have joked for a while that Kayla was a vegan because she hadn't had any meat, egg or dairy yet. Well, yesterday she had an egg yolk with her dinner so our vegan days are through. Kayla was playing in the refrigerator while I was putting groceries away, grabbed an egg off of the door and started banging it on the produce drawer. Well, it cracked and I thought it might be the best time to give it a go... I added it to her sweet potato for dinner and it was a go with no problems. So I guess she's now just a vegetarian. ;) Super Baby Foods says to give one 3x a week, so that's what we plan to do. BTW for those interested, one egg yolk smushed up is hardly anything. You have to add it to something for sure. It would take a lot of eggs to make something substantial on its own.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

stillplayswithbarbies
02-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Logan has been eating hard boiled egg yolk with her dinner. She eats half a one on the nights I give her some, and she would eat a lot more if I let her. I just break it up in small pieces and she eats it herself. I watch her closely because they are dry and I am afraid of choking, but she drinks water with it.

Tonight I put some egg yolk, banana pieces, and tofu pieces on her tray and she ate the egg first, then the tofu and then the banana.

I finally figured out to put her hair up in a wide headband to keep the smushed egg yolk out of her hair while she eats.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mharling
02-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Lane is just starting to like egg yolk. We either scramble it or cook it whole and then cut it up so he can feed himself. I'll probably try adding some cheese the next time.

http://www.auction-pix.com/katasha/stuff/snowman.gif Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b346cc5b6556 - New pics 1/26

lizajane
02-03-2004, 10:15 AM
i have been saying that schuyler is a vegetarian, and i am not sure why. but i just don't really want to give him meat. which is weird, because i eat all meat.

he had some egg yolk plain, but liked it best mixed with EBM. of course, then he got sick and wouldn't have anything to do with egg or anything else for that matter... so i haven't given him anymore, just to be sure that it wasn't the egg that gave him tummy problems.