PDA

View Full Version : baby food grinder or cont. w/ blender

cchavez
02-09-2004, 10:13 AM
I want to increase the texture in Diego's food. Should I continue w/ my blender or get a grinder. He is having trouble w/ textures IMO.

lizajane
02-09-2004, 11:06 AM
when schuyler was gagging a little on chunks, i went back to the food mill from fork mashing. (started with food processor originally) so i would try the food mill. the food stays lumpy, but doesn't have big choking chunks.

cchavez
02-09-2004, 11:30 AM
I have seen some at OSA. Can't remember the price but shipping kills me!!!

stillplayswithbarbies
02-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Babies R Us or Toys R Us sell them, do you have a store you can go to in person? I have also seen them at Target. My local health food store sells them too, in the babyfood section.

They are usually around $10-$12

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

cchavez
02-09-2004, 12:55 PM
TRU is kind close and BRU is a bit further. I will check at Target first. Thanks.

jd11365
02-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Christine,
I use a mini chopper I got at Target for like $10 bucks... I think it's Black and Decker. You can only make a cup at a time, but I like it that way... I can put in a cut up pear or apple and get it chunky or smoothe depending on how long I hit the button. Much faster and easier than the big blender...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

jubilee
02-10-2004, 03:30 AM
I have the little food mill they sell at BRU, and it does a great job of pureeing the food, so if you are looking for texture this is not the right item for you. It makes food almost blender quality puree. Maybe a regular food chopper would work. I'm also trying to introduce chunkier foods, so let me know what works. I tried steaming pears, then just using a knife to chop it into small bits, but he didn't like it. I think I just have to keep trying.