PDA

View Full Version : ISO The First Years Teething Spoon or recommendation for something similar

jerseygirl
02-18-2004, 11:40 PM
My 6m DD just started solids a few weeks ago and we have been using the first years teething spoon. It's great bc it's soft on her gums yet firm enough to be useful and she can chew on both ends. I'd like to get another one but we received this as a gift and have been unable to locate it anyplace. I've checked Target, BRU and all the local supermarkets.

I've attached a pic, I have it in purple/green/yellow but will take either one. If anyone sees one, can you please pick it up for me? I will reimburse for shipping!

Does anybody have a preference for any other type of spoon or am I just obsessing??

TIA!
Maritess

JElaineB
02-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Oh, I have one of these spoons! We do like it though we haven't used it as much lately. We call it the "lobster spoon" for some reason (I guess we thinks it looks like a lobster??) It was a good spoon for when DS was starting to self-feed. I can't remember where I got it. Have you looked at Wal-mart or TRU? Those places are where I usually shop for baby stuff. I am going to TRU this weekend, if I see one I can get it for you.

As for other spoons, when DS was on baby food usually I just used the metal spoons with plastic coating on the end (they changed color if the food was too hot). I have a whole bunch of those. Now DS uses metal spoons and forks that are mini-sized for babies and toddlers.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

ETA: Sorry, didn't see this spoon at Toys R Us and its not on The First Years web site (http://thefirstyears.com). I think maybe they aren't making it anymore, but you could email them and find out.

Ruthieruth
02-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi. my daughter is almost 7 months old and we use feeding spoons by Sassy. I love that brand! I couldn't find a link for the spoons we have but they're sold at Target & babies r us (and i think i've also seen them at Wal-mart). they're multi-colored, have a rubbery spoon end, and the handles are plastic. The part of the spoon that is the handle goes to the center of the bowl of the spoon and turns to white if the food is too hot. The bowl of the spoon looks a bit more narrow than the one you have though.

We love the spoons and Lily will often chomp right down on the spoon b/c she is working on some teeth and i think it helps relieve some of the pain in her gums. I'll try to post a pic of the spoon, if i can find one.

Here we go: The spoons we have are like the one in the feeding set
http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro.asp?id=18543&rc=qDS2QDYndBbtAlqnCKl5