PDA

View Full Version : spoon stained orange with carrots!!

first_time mum
02-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Hi,

I bought some First Years spoons with the rubber tip from Target (the kind that turns white when hot) and they stained orange with sweet potato the very first time I used it and now its even worse with carrots. What spoons do you guys use? I also bought the vinyl bib at Target. Its okay, but it stained too..has anyone thrown these in the washer (it says hand wash on it)? Where can I find Baby bjorn bib? Are there any good ones that I can find at BRU since I will be going there this weekend?

While we are on the topic, I fed DD Earth's Best carrots and they stained her cheek/chin orange and it did not really go away completely even after her bath...has anyone had that happen to them?

TIA.

-SP

lizajane
02-21-2004, 03:34 PM
try cascade plastic booster in your dishwasher for the stained spoons.

and my kid was purple all day yesterday after eating blueberries! but he is a-ok today. :)

jubilee
02-22-2004, 01:21 AM
My spoons are also stained, and I feel it's just a lost cause! LOL :) I found the Baby Bjorn bibs at Babies R Us, but they don't work for us since the high chair tray gets in the way of the bib's cup. I have 2 and so far they have been a waste of money.

deborah_r
02-22-2004, 03:31 AM
My spoons are stained too, but I just figured there was nothing to be done about it.

Bibs - I got a Bumkins bib that has a little food-catching pocket and it is polyester and machine washable. I really like it and plan to get more. It's not vinyl, but it isn't like cotton either.