PDA

View Full Version : drool causing a rash- nystatin made worse! what now?

lynettefrancois
02-21-2004, 12:01 AM
I found DD's shirt all wet from drool yesterday morning, and there were tiny red bumps with pink splotches on her chest. We've had thrush 3 weeks (yet another story), so I assumed it was a yeast rash... I tried putting a little monistat on it, but it didn't help. So then I tried nystatin this morning, and by this afternoon her whole chest turned red! I put a tiny little bit of Burt's bees diaper cream on her, to see what it would do, but it's only been a few hours. I only use Cetaphil cleanser in the bath, so now what?? I'm so afraid it will get worse again- any suggestions? TIA!!!

toomanystrollers
02-21-2004, 04:51 AM
Tess used to get this all the time - just from drooling and teething - not yeast. I used a little cornstarch to keep her comfortable.

HTH

Rachels
02-21-2004, 06:22 AM
I use calendula cream for this.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

lynettefrancois
02-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks you two! :)

KGoes
02-22-2004, 03:49 PM
If the bumps start to ooze or crust, you might want to have your ped check her out. We are currently battling a skin infection that started at drool-chapped cheeks.

Kelley
DD born 7/03

Jen in Chicago
02-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Jude gets this all the time! Ped told us to put Lotrimin on it, then a coat of vaseline. In the beginning they told us to do this 3 times a day. Now if I see it starting 1 coat does the trick!