PDA

View Full Version : This is weird.....

liya
02-22-2004, 06:19 PM
i Need some help understanding this....I stopped nursing Ari full time a long time ago(i think it was at his 6th month of birth) because we had to use the SNS all the time for feeds due to my reduction. 1 month later ARi started nursing during the night and that hasnt stopped. LAtely though he has been digging for the boob during the day...What does this mean?? For some reason i believe i have NO MILK whatsoever there..I mean its not like before when i squeezed and milk would come out but why after so long would he want to dig for the boob?? Is this normal???

TIA

Rachels
02-22-2004, 11:31 PM
It means he wants to nurse! :) You may have a little milk still, but nursing isn't just about the milk. It's common for toddlers with pregnant moms to nurse even after the milk supply goes away mid-pregnancy. Remember that nursing meets a lot of a baby's emotional and bonding needs as well. He can taste and smell your skin, which is still very familiar to him from his time inside your body, and he can hear your rhythmic heartbeat, which is comforting to him. And your body releases hormones that relax you when he nurses, and he probably picks up on that as well. I can't advise you as to whether to continue, but it sounds pretty normal to me.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

liya
02-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Thats what i thought Rachel...I dont care if he continues...!! LOL it was just funny that he just flat out started to dig into the BOOBs!!!!.....

Hey what do you mean with pregnant moms !! HA HA no + here!!! LOL kidding i know what you mean hun..thanks i just wanted to make sure that was it...I think im his human pacifier.... :o)