PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Lands Ends maternity???

McQ
04-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Does Sears carry the Lands End maternity line or do I have to order that stuff online? I'm short (5' 2") and had a horrible time with the sizing of Gap maternity during my first pregnancy. So I'd love to try these on before I place a huge order and have to pay shipping AND tax.

Also, can you return clothes ordered online to the Sears stores? Thanks!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

Karenn
04-19-2004, 11:39 AM
I've only been able to find it on line. I don't know about returning at the store, but that would be so nice! I bought some Maternity Sport Knit pants and they are HUGE! (Even for maternity pants!) It would be great to be able to return them without paying shipping!

mollyi
04-19-2004, 03:08 PM
I have not seen Lands' End maternity clothes in Sears stores - but then again the Sears stores around here don't even have infant/toddler clothing, so I think we are alittle behind the times!

I have not personally returned Lands' End catalog stuff to Sears stores, but I have 2 friends who have. I think that it has only been quite recently that they have started doing this.

I am loving the Land's End maternity clothes that I have ordered so far. Be sure to check out the Overstock maternity items - there are some good deals there, though not a huge selection. I got a couple of sleeveless shirts, a striped "tunic" t-shirt, and a pair of cropped jeans at great prices.

Katied
04-19-2004, 04:00 PM
I believe you can only get the Maternity clothes online but you CAN return them to any Sears store. I just returned 2 pairs of Sandals a week ago and I was the first person that had returned anything that they had bought online. I guess it must be pretty new.

HallsofVA
04-19-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm also 5'2", and absolutely loved Gap maternity because they were the only one I found that carried shorter pant sizes. I was able to order my normal "Ankle" length and it was nice not to have to get alternations. Course, not all styles were available in the different lengths, but I only bought the ones that were. That included a pair of jeans that I absolutely loved, and several dress pants with side panels.

amp
04-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Yep, Gap, Old Navy, LE and even Kohl's carry some "short" or "ankle" length pants that worked great for me when I was pg.

cara1
04-20-2004, 01:25 PM
The awesome thing about LE is that they have a few pairs of pants that come with custom hemming. So I just ordered mine at a 28 inch inseam, no problem. And if they still don't fit, you can STILL return them, even if hemmed!

HallsofVA
04-20-2004, 10:09 PM
I purchased two pairs of Lands End maternity pants, a suit and several of their blouses and sweaters last year when I was pregnant. I was greatly disappointed with most of my Lands End items, and I've always been a big LE fan because of how well their stuff fits. I found the pants weren't adjustable enough to wear earlier on, and they were too tight and cut me across the hips at the end of the pregnancy. Though they had adjustable waistbands, there weren't any "give" panels like my Gap pants had, so if you tightened the elastic enough to keep the pants up, it was too tight to get them on over the "bump". And it wasn't like you could easily adjust them once they were on. Though I had several good button downs shirts, there was one that had absolutely no styling to it (darts, vents, etc.) and just screamed maternity shirt.

I know everyone carries differently, but that was just my experience.