PDA

View Full Version : Cords...Gap vs Old Navy

babystarfish
09-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Anybody have any Gap or Old Navy Cords? I did order some Gap ones...hoping they are marked down soon. Old Navy has a nice brown bolor, but they don't look as nice. Will prob order them this w/e. Thanks...let me know :)

nathansmom
09-03-2004, 03:22 PM
I just bought a pair of the Old Navy cords over the weekend. They should be here early next week. I can tell you what I think when they get here.

JulesinChicago
09-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Hi-

I actually just tried on both Old Navy and Gap cords in the store this week. I really liked the gray gap cords - the ones with the demi-panel. But they were LONG - seemed to be much longer than the same size gap demi-panel jeans that I wear about every other day. I would have bought them but decided against it as I would have to have them hemmed, and they were not on sale.

I was also hoping that old navy would have some good (cheap!) cords for me - At old navy, I tried on a couple of different styles - both were the low-rise (with the thin band of elastic under the belly) style. I've had trouble with low rise old navy pants and capris like this in terms of size... the mediums won't stay up after walking around, climbing steps (I have narrow hips, even with the pregnancy) but my thighs and butt are uncomfortably tight in the smalls...

For what it's worth, I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and getting big, so keep in mind that the weird fit may also be a function of how late in the pregnancy I am. Earlier in my pregnancy I loved the small low rise old navy pants, but the fit of them hasn't carried me through the pregnancy (I have had much better luck with the gap demi-panel jeans I have, which I LOVE. Even though I bought them at full price and fretted over that, they have been worth every penny) I will probably buy the gap cords if they go on sale soon...

Hope that helps
Jules

lizajane
09-03-2004, 07:11 PM
i hated old navy pants. i thought they were all cut for teenaged bodies not pregnant women's bodies. the mediums were SKIN TIGHT on me and i am a size 6 (gained 30 lbs in my last pregnancy, so nothing over the top...) i didn't actually buy any gap pants, but liked the ones i tried on pretty well.

annasmom
09-08-2004, 02:52 PM
I tried on the Old Navy cords, but felt that they were a bit too low in the waist. I ended up getting the Gap cords, and they are WONDERFUL - so comfortable! I also tried on the Old Navy & Gap jeans and found that the Gap jeans were so much better. Maybe its me, but the Gap pants fit me much better. I just wish they were as inexpensive as the Old Navy pants!

Eileen

babystarfish
09-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted to say I received my Gap cords and they ar great. Very true to size and a great fit...just a tad long but that's ok. Good Luck!